Ideas for new channel.

Old January 3rd 17, 01:00 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Ideas for new channel.

On 02/01/2017 21:44, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:

There isn't enough material for the channels they've got - and that's
made worse by not broadcasting the stuff you're on about because some
people find it offensive.

One person in a thousand finds it offensive; members of the society of
professional offence takers.

Old January 3rd 17, 09:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Yes who are these people and don't they have an off switch or the ability to
write letters of complaint? I get the distinct feeling that in many cases
nobody asks them or anyone so they just assume its safer to avoid anything
awkward at all just in case.

In the real world we blind folk still get called blinks or worse but we
put that down to ignorance or the wind up brigade, ho are everywhere and
can be safely ignored. real abuse, by the authorities etc however is often
ignored. The papers and the law go for the low hanging fruit not the main
problems,

news

Old January 3rd 17, 11:32 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Benderthe.evilrobot" wrote in message

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
PI TV
Politically incorrect T V showing old Benny hill shows, Love thy
Neighbour and old Jim Davidson routines, perhaps Cannon and Ball as well.
New stuff could be interviews with employers about 'handicapped
employees after they had been gotten drunk.
What really goes on in decision making ie box ticking, and what else,
well that would do for a start, could be very entertaining, we could put
on unedited versions of Showboat and Song of the south, and from what I
know of my friends and many of my ethnic minority contacts, nobody will
be offended as we all know what goes on already.. :-)

There isn't enough material for the channels they've got

though most of the re-run channels seem to have no difficult attracting
funding (aka viewing figures) by continuously repeating a small stable of
programs

no, I don't get it either

tim

Old January 3rd 17, 03:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 11:30:07 -0000, "Dave W"
wrote:

I never was particularly an admirer of Mr Saville even in his heyday,
and we all have a million more reasons to disapprove of him now, but
the fact that our national broadcasters are prepared to adopt an
Orwellian style (or Soviet style, or North Korean style) obliteration
of bits of history that are embarrassing to them is extremely
worrying. Let's not forget that it was a conscious blindness to
embarrassing truths by many parties who could have done something that
allowed the monster to carry on as long as he did.

Rod.

Neither was I an admirer, but he was not entirely bad. He didn't kill
anyone, and raised a lot for charity.
I wish he hadn't been exposed after his death, so only the people he
abused
would have bad memories.

gasp!

Don't you believe in justice, or the deterrent effect of the exposure
of wrongdoing?

Rod.

I don't see any point in justice when the offender can't be punished. I have
to agree with deterrent effects, but doubt their efficacy.
--
Dave W

Old January 3rd 17, 07:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

news

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
[...]

I've noticed that some movies get passed around by various Freeview channels
until something else comes along.

Movies for men has a slightly different approach; war films with British
soldiers in Land Rovers up against the Afrika Corp, and Sherman tanks with
German (and/or Japanese) markings.

Old January 4th 17, 10:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Benderthe.evilrobot" wrote in message

news

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
[...]

and yet there are some films never get shown at all (on FTA channels)

It used to be that staple of Christmas time TV to show the latest (available
to TV) Woody Allen film

Nowadays I think the only film that I have seen post Hannah and her sisters
(1986) on TV - ever, is Vicky Cristina Barcelona

What gives here?

(and it would be nice to see some more Hitchcock, there are loads of those
that are never shown)