Do Philips MR16 LED bulbs cause RF interference

Old December 31st 16, 01:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

Default Do Philips MR16 LED bulbs cause RF interference

I am starting a new thread to focus (excuse the pun) on one aspect of
LED bulbs.

I am grateful to all those who contributed to the previous thread
offering innovative solutions. However, now that the supplier appears
to concede there is a problem I am planning to return them and
purchase a 'reputable' make.

Does anyone have Philips 12 Volt (MR16) LED spot lamps? Could you let
me know if they interfere with DAB radio? Maybe you could hold the
radio close to the lamps and let me know.

Thanks - Scott
Old January 2nd 17, 09:13 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Woolley[_2_]

On 31/12/16 14:47, Scott wrote:
Does anyone have Philips 12 Volt (MR16) LED spot lamps? Could you let
me know if they interfere with DAB radio? Maybe you could hold the
radio close to the lamps and let me know.

Any reputable make will have a potential for interference. Whether that
potential is realised will depend on the sensitivity of the receiver
(i.e. how little noise it, itself, contributes) and the weakness of the
signal. It will also depend on how strong other local interference
sources are.
Old January 2nd 17, 05:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 10:13:45 +0000, David Woolley
wrote:

On 31/12/16 14:47, Scott wrote:
Does anyone have Philips 12 Volt (MR16) LED spot lamps? Could you let
me know if they interfere with DAB radio? Maybe you could hold the
radio close to the lamps and let me know.

Any reputable make will have a potential for interference. Whether that
potential is realised will depend on the sensitivity of the receiver
(i.e. how little noise it, itself, contributes) and the weakness of the
signal. It will also depend on how strong other local interference
sources are.

Thanks. We covered that in the other thread. My question now is
whether anyone can comment on Philips from personal experience.