lift conditions in recent days

Old December 29th 16, 07:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default lift conditions in recent days

I've noticed many extra dab stations and some other stuff, like Heathrow
complain on approach that French ATC is breaking in.
I have however not noticed much problem with the freeview this time.
I guess the ducting has been in a different direction to strong uhf
transmitters here, so would not be noticed that much.
Incidentally the problem with my loft aerial turned out to be the feeder
scuffed away due to weather etc.

Old December 29th 16, 08:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Wade[_2_]

On 29/12/2016 19:29, Brian Gaff wrote:
I've noticed many extra dab stations and some other stuff, like Heathrow
complain on approach that French ATC is breaking in.

Airband is AM so that there is no capture effect and it is obvious when
two signals are present on the same channel.

I have however not noticed much problem with the freeview this time.
I guess the ducting has been in a different direction to strong uhf
transmitters here, so would not be noticed that much.

Perhaps its just the lift has not extended to the UHF

Incidentally the problem with my loft aerial turned out to be the feeder
scuffed away due to weather etc.

Brian

Dave
Old December 29th 16, 10:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 29/12/2016 20:57, David Wade wrote:
..

Perhaps its just the lift has not extended to the UHF

It certainly did here in Hampshire last night (Weds)

--
Mark
Old December 30th 16, 09:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

.

Perhaps its just the lift has not extended to the UHF

It certainly did here in Hampshire last night (Weds)

What mux/channel? I'm about 25km north of Rowridge and didn't notice any
problem.

--

Jeff
Old December 30th 16, 10:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

In the old analogue days when all tv regions had different test cards and
programmes, It was great fun to have rotatable aerials. Even better in the
405 line days on band 3. Tyne Tees in Surrey and all that. On one occasion
Danish 625 line TV was coming in on Band 3 for a whole morning horizontally
polarised of course.
Played havoc with local stations that did.

I seem to recall though that traditionally these events happened from around
September onwards, but te effect is happening later these days.

Now sadly its so hard to find any area free from more local transmissions in
which to see more distant ones.
UHF was never as good and once the fill in vertically polarised stations
started it became more and more difficult to get distant ones due to more
local low power ones on the same channels.

All very annoying.

Nowadays any form of DX-ing is almost impossible unless you go to some place
very high up away from transmitters and the general rubbish we pump out from
wall warts and power line adaptors amongst other things.

news

Old December 30th 16, 11:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 29/12/16 19:29, Brian Gaff wrote:
I've noticed many extra ...

Vomit, Fosters tin, takeaway bag, unmentionable liquid, spray paint tin,
spray painted walls, shredded newspaper, half a DVD, Christmas cracker
remnants, a red high heeled shoe. Strange noise from door mechanism and
needs a solid kicking to open fully at ground floor.

Use the stairs?

--
Adrian C
Old December 30th 16, 05:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 29/12/2016 20:57, David Wade wrote:
Airband is AM so that there is no capture effect and it is obvious when
two signals are present on the same channel.

This is not by accident.

ATC really want to know when two 'planes respond to "You are cleared to
land".

Andy