lift conditions in recent days

Old December 31st 16, 08:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

Default lift conditions in recent days

On 30/12/2016 20:05, Graham. wrote:
You would need to be a bit older to remember the Hadrian paint advert
on TV. I think I must have teased a neighbour called Adrian with the
song, because your name always reminds me of the paint.

Vir Campestris always starts the song "Vaya con Dios" in my head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqZ0Sdz_V40

I'm a little older than that, but don't remember it either.

Les Paul and Mary who? That's before my time too.

I recall an amusing conversation with a colleague. We had this test disc in:

K: The new disc is someone I never heard of
Me (Looks): FFS Les Paul? You've never heard of him?
K: No.
Turns to whippersnapper and says "You've never heard of him have you?"
W: I've got one of his guitars at home.

Andy
Old December 31st 16, 09:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The Other John[_2_]

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 21:39:18 +0000, Vir Campestris wrote:

Les Paul and Mary who?

Ford.

--
TOJ.
Old December 31st 16, 10:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 31/12/2016 22:31, The Other John wrote:
On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 21:39:18 +0000, Vir Campestris wrote:

Les Paul and Mary who?

Ford.

Les Paul only invented the electric guitar, which enabled rock 'n' roll.
He didn't benefit much as he was more jazz and country.

He also experimented with multitracking techniques, using a quarter inch
tape recorder with an extra head. Check out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkGf1GHAxhE : there's only one guitar
(Les Paul) and one voice (Mary Ford).

--
Max Demian