lift conditions in recent days

Old December 30th 16, 06:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

Default lift conditions in recent days

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 11:03:32 +0000, Adrian Caspersz
wrote:

On 29/12/16 19:29, Brian Gaff wrote:
I've noticed many extra ...

Vomit, Fosters tin, takeaway bag, unmentionable liquid, spray paint tin,
spray painted walls, shredded newspaper, half a DVD, Christmas cracker
remnants, a red high heeled shoe. Strange noise from door mechanism and
needs a solid kicking to open fully at ground floor.

Use the stairs?

Act your age, How old are you? Old enough to remember this?

Adrian, Adrian, the deep-gloss paint,
For a really professional finish, use Hadrian!

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old December 30th 16, 06:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 30/12/16 19:03, Graham. wrote:

Act your age, How old are you? Old enough to remember this?
Adrian, Adrian, the deep-gloss paint,
For a really professional finish, use Hadrian!

Me and professional at the moment really aren't the words. Goofed on the
humour(?), implicating a story of Brian and dodgy lifts wasn't the
intention.

50, since you ask.

--
Adrian C

Old December 30th 16, 07:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 19:21:49 +0000, Adrian Caspersz
wrote:

On 30/12/16 19:03, Graham. wrote:

Act your age, How old are you? Old enough to remember this?
Adrian, Adrian, the deep-gloss paint,
For a really professional finish, use Hadrian!

Me and professional at the moment really aren't the words. Goofed on the
humour(?), implicating a story of Brian and dodgy lifts wasn't the
intention.

50, since you ask.

You would need to be a bit older to remember the Hadrian paint advert
on TV. I think I must have teased a neighbour called Adrian with the
song, because your name always reminds me of the paint.

Vir Campestris always starts the song "Vaya con Dios" in my head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqZ0Sdz_V40

No criticism intended Adrian, just a ploy to post my own frivolous
thoughts.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old December 30th 16, 09:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 30/12/2016 09:47, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 29/12/16 22:26, Mark Carver wrote:
On 29/12/2016 20:57, David Wade wrote:
.

Perhaps its just the lift has not extended to the UHF

It certainly did here in Hampshire last night (Weds)

What mux/channel? I'm about 25km north of Rowridge and didn't notice any
problem.

I lost COM 7 and 8 from Hannington, and the UHF band was full of stuff
not normally there. I think the interference was coming from a northerly
direction, so your aerial which can't be looking north
might have saved you.

--
Mark
Old December 30th 16, 09:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 30/12/2016 09:47, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 29/12/16 22:26, Mark Carver wrote:
On 29/12/2016 20:57, David Wade wrote:
.

Perhaps its just the lift has not extended to the UHF

It certainly did here in Hampshire last night (Weds)

What mux/channel? I'm about 25km north of Rowridge and didn't
notice any
problem.

I lost COM 7 and 8 from Hannington, and the UHF band was full of
stuff not normally there. I think the interference was coming from a
northerly direction, so your aerial which can't be looking north
might have saved you.

Good point - I look 186deg mag to Emley and my aerial has a good
front/back ratio, so you may well be right.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old December 31st 16, 07:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

On 30/12/16 22:07, Mark Carver wrote:
On 30/12/2016 09:47, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 29/12/16 22:26, Mark Carver wrote:
On 29/12/2016 20:57, David Wade wrote:
.

Perhaps its just the lift has not extended to the UHF

It certainly did here in Hampshire last night (Weds)

What mux/channel? I'm about 25km north of Rowridge and didn't notice any
problem.

I lost COM 7 and 8 from Hannington, and the UHF band was full of stuff
not normally there. I think the interference was coming from a northerly
direction, so your aerial which can't be looking north
might have saved you.

Ah, if it was from the north that would explain it. Otherwise I might
have expected some interference from French transmitters, although I'm
not sure what polarity they use (I'm using horizontal). There is some
good info here, but not on polarity
http://aerialsandtv.com/rowridgetx.html#FrenchPostDSOchannels.

When I lived in Horsham I had to use Midhurst, and it was a a bit iffy
at times. Rowridge is much better.

--

Jeff
Old December 31st 16, 08:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 08:33:05 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:

Ah, if it was from the north that would explain it. Otherwise I might
have expected some interference from French transmitters, although I'm
not sure what polarity they use (I'm using horizontal). There is some
good info here, but not on polarity

It's polarisation not polarity.
Old December 31st 16, 10:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 31/12/2016 08:33, Jeff Layman wrote:

Ah, if it was from the north that would explain it. Otherwise I might
have expected some interference from French transmitters, although I'm
not sure what polarity they use (I'm using horizontal). There is some
good info here, but not on polarity
http://aerialsandtv.com/rowridgetx.html#FrenchPostDSOchannels.

When I lived in Horsham I had to use Midhurst, and it was a a bit iffy
at times. Rowridge is much better.

I've never seen abnormal long range UHF from the north. Of course I'm in
Yorkshire so I suppose it's unlikely that abnormal conditions would
extend much further north than here.

Old December 31st 16, 10:25 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

wrote:

Ah, if it was from the north that would explain it. Otherwise I might
have expected some interference from French transmitters, although I'm
not sure what polarity they use (I'm using horizontal). There is some
good info here, but not on polarity

It's polarisation not polarity.

It's one of those 'common usage' things that are irritating to those
with a formal education in the subject.

Old December 31st 16, 11:59 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

wrote:

Ah, if it was from the north that would explain it. Otherwise I might
have expected some interference from French transmitters, although I'm
not sure what polarity they use (I'm using horizontal). There is some
good info here, but not on polarity

It's polarisation not polarity.

Indeed. I should have been more careful.

Unfortunately I was using information from the aerialsandtv.com website,
where both terms are used freely (with "polarity" appearing more often
than "polarisation") .

--

Jeff