BBC lost their atlas?

Old December 29th 16, 05:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Default BBC lost their atlas?

On 29/12/2016 18:14, charles wrote:

Look at the itinerary for any cruise liner using Southampton, and it
will be listed as London (Southampton)!

Didn't one of the budget airlines use Southampton Airport for London.

Yes, I do recall that. Mind you Waterloo is served directly from
Southampton Airport railway station, which can only take 75 mins
if you grab the right train.

--
Mark
Old December 29th 16, 05:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

silly Hampshire story from long ago, when there were wrapped sugar lumps.
One wrapper option was to have a "County" motto.
Some squaddies in Aldershot noticed that the NAAFI had "Surrey" sugar lumps
and complained. The next delivery was correctly marked "Hampshire" "Home
of the Navy".

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old December 29th 16, 05:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 29/12/2016 18:07, Roger Mills wrote:
The M40 does pass through a chunk of Oxfordshire.

Most of the motorway's length appears to be in Oxfordshire ?

/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4870d4d3688e13e7:0x6fa99ab69d3d8 f51!8m2!3d51.7612056!4d-1.2464674

--
Mark
Old December 29th 16, 05:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Green

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Thursday, 29 December 2016 14:23:18 UTC, Woody wrote:
On the BBC web site the other day was an item about 16 miles in 60
seconds - the Flying Scotsman on the Severn Valley Railway in the
West of England. Last time I looked the SVR was in the West
Midlands.

SVR is in the "West Midlands Region" the other regions in "the west of
England" at the South West and the North West. Most people would agree
that Worcestershire and Shropshire (where SVR is) are in the west of England.
Is there an English country further west?

Cornwall?
:-)

--
Chris Green
·
Old December 29th 16, 07:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Thackery[_4_]

Pinnerite wrote:

I can get wound up about some things. I have given up on 'haitch'
though!

God, I wish I could, though. I can't bear it.

--
Steve Thackery, Nottingham, UK
Old December 29th 16, 07:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roger Mills[_2_]

On 29/12/2016 18:54, Mark Carver wrote:
On 29/12/2016 18:07, Roger Mills wrote:
The M40 does pass through a chunk of Oxfordshire.

Most of the motorway's length appears to be in Oxfordshire ?

/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4870d4d3688e13e7:0x6fa99ab69d3d8 f51!8m2!3d51.7612056!4d-1.2464674

A sizeable chunk anyway - despite dipping in and out a bit along the
borders with Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire. It would require a
detailed analysis to determine whether it's more than 50% - but it must
be pretty close.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old December 30th 16, 04:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 29/12/2016 18:09, Roger Mills wrote:
Look at the itinerary for any cruise liner using Southampton, and it
will be listed as London (Southampton)!

They are selling to Americans. They'll possibly know where London is,
but will never have heard of Southampton.

Andy