BBC lost their atlas?

Old December 29th 16, 03:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

Default BBC lost their atlas?

In article ,
Woody wrote:

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 29/12/2016 14:45, Pinnerite wrote:
Woody wrote:

Last night a woman reporting on foot from the carnage on the M40
stated it was the "motorway from London to Wales." Eh? Or has
Wales
been moved and no-one told us?

She probably confused the M40 with the M4.

No, she didn't, I heard it, she was talking about the _A_40,
and said the A40, which was exactly where the carnage was.
And the A40 does indeed connect London with South Wales.

I don't know where Woody gets the idea it was the M40 ?

--

I stand corrected. I heard it as the M40 although I did wonder about
the Oxfordshire bit.

As for where the SVR is, the UK region of West Midlands includes
Shropshire, Staffordshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, and
Warwickshire plus some unitary authorities, so I stand by my assertion
that the SVR is in the West Midlands, not the West of England.

Mind you the next county south of there - Gloucestershire - is classed
regionally as South West England.......

You must remember that these BBC Regions originated in the days of medium
wave radio, and then got tinkered with for Band I tv. Then tinkered with
again for uhf tv and then confused by local radio coverage.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old December 29th 16, 05:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roger Mills[_2_]

On 29/12/2016 16:23, Woody wrote:
"Mark wrote in message

I don't know where Woody gets the idea it was the M40 ?

--

I stand corrected. I heard it as the M40 although I did wonder about
the Oxfordshire bit.

Yes, it was the A40. The M40 actually follows the A40 from London to
Oxford but then cuts north towards Birmingham whilst the A40 continues
westwards - through Witney, Cheltenham, etc. The M40 does pass through a
chunk of Oxfordshire.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old December 29th 16, 05:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Me

On 12/29/2016 2:24 PM, Woody wrote:
On the BBC web site the other day was an item about 16 miles in 60
seconds - the Flying Scotsman on the Severn Valley Railway in the
West of England. Last time I looked the SVR was in the West
Midlands.

Last night a woman reporting on foot from the carnage on the M40
stated it was the "motorway from London to Wales." Eh? Or has Wales
been moved and no-one told us?

Meeja Studies strikes again methinks?

The SVR runs from Bridgnorth to Kidderminster