For dedicated fans of broadband speed checkers ...

Old December 29th 16, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

Default For dedicated fans of broadband speed checkers ...

by SamKnows, includes a latency figure ...

http://www.broadbandperformance.co.uk/

As was promoted by BBC Watchdog during their usually flawed
investigations, but seems a clear tool nonetheless and is free of
adverts and other nonsense.

--
Adrian C
Old December 29th 16, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

http://www.broadbandperformance.co.uk/

It doesn't need flash, which is a good start. The actual line rate
reported by my modem is 77.4 Mbps / 19.9 Mbps

Considering my ISP sets an IP profile at 96.mumble% of line rate, I
don't know whether the tester measures IP rate, or TCP rate, and I did
the test over WiFi rather than Ethernet, the result is not a million
miles off ...

Download 66.7 Mbps
Upload 18.6 Mbps
Latency 19.3 ms

Old December 29th 16, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 29/12/2016 13:10, Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

http://www.broadbandperformance.co.uk/

It doesn't need flash, which is a good start. The actual line rate
reported by my modem is 77.4 Mbps / 19.9 Mbps

Considering my ISP sets an IP profile at 96.mumble% of line rate, I
don't know whether the tester measures IP rate, or TCP rate, and I did
the test over WiFi rather than Ethernet, the result is not a million
miles off ...

Download 66.7 Mbps
Upload 18.6 Mbps
Latency 19.3 ms

I find testing on any speed-checker via WiFi removes about 10% off the
speeds (compared with a wired connection) Even when right next to the
router. Encryption overheads ?

--
Mark
Old December 29th 16, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Mark Carver wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

I did the test over WiFi rather than Ethernet

Download 66.7 Mbps
Upload 18.6 Mbps
Latency 19.3 ms

I find testing on any speed-checker via WiFi removes about 10% off
the speeds

OK, just for you, over Gigabit Ethernet instead of 270 Mbps WiFi

69.3 Mbps
18.7 Mbps
17.7 ms

Old December 29th 16, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Koopa

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
by SamKnows, includes a latency figure ...

http://www.broadbandperformance.co.uk/

Download 38.3 Mbps
Upload 9 Mbps
Latency 13.4 ms

Old December 29th 16, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Martin wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Download 66.7 Mbps
Upload 18.6 Mbps
Latency 19.3 ms

It gives roughly the same as I get with Speedtest http://www.speedtest.net/

Their beta (non-flash) version gives

69.6 Mbps / 18.8 Mbps / 19 ms over WiFi
70.5 Mbps / 18.7 Mbps / 18 ms over Ethernet

Old December 29th 16, 03:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Thursday, 29 December 2016 13:35:32 UTC, Koopa wrote:
"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
by SamKnows, includes a latency figure ...

http://www.broadbandperformance.co.uk/

Download 38.3 Mbps
Upload 9 Mbps
Latency 13.4 ms

Down 37.2Mbps (glitched slightly by incoming email)
up 9.3Mbps
latency 11mS

About what one expected from Infinity 1.
Old December 29th 16, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Andy Burns
scribeth thus
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

http://www.broadbandperformance.co.uk/

It doesn't need flash, which is a good start. The actual line rate
reported by my modem is 77.4 Mbps / 19.9 Mbps

Considering my ISP sets an IP profile at 96.mumble% of line rate, I
don't know whether the tester measures IP rate, or TCP rate, and I did
the test over WiFi rather than Ethernet, the result is not a million
miles off ...

Download 66.7 Mbps
Upload 18.6 Mbps
Latency 19.3 ms

Humm FWIW..

Download 219 Mbps

Upload 12.1 Mbps

Latency 14.8 ms

--
Tony Sayer

Old December 29th 16, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul[_13_]

On 29/12/2016 12:50, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
by SamKnows, includes a latency figure ...

http://www.broadbandperformance.co.uk/

As was promoted by BBC Watchdog during their usually flawed
investigations, but seems a clear tool nonetheless and is free of
adverts and other nonsense.

Looks about right to me - here we are in a suburban area with fairly
high population density but with access to neither cable nor fibre - we
are a few miles from our exchange hence download 3Mbps, upload 463kbps :-(

Paul

---

Old December 29th 16, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 29/12/2016 16:24, Paul wrote:
Looks about right to me - here we are in a suburban area with fairly
high population density but with access to neither cable nor fibre - we
are a few miles from our exchange hence download 3Mbps, upload 463kbps :-(

Don't you hate these people with their fast speeds?

3.9 / 748 / 15.8 compared with sync speed of 4551/991.

And we might even get FTTC soon...

Andy