Emley problems

Old December 29th 16, 09:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Default Emley problems

Anyone have problems with Com4-8 on Emley last night? Started a bit
before 18:00 and was fully corrected by about 21:30, TV showing no
signal.

PSB1-3 were OK throughout. Suggests a feed problem to me.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old December 29th 16, 09:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 29/12/2016 10:08, Woody wrote:
Anyone have problems with Com4-8 on Emley last night? Started a bit
before 18:00 and was fully corrected by about 21:30, TV showing no
signal.

PSB1-3 were OK throughout. Suggests a feed problem to me.

There was an intense bout of lift reception conditions last night.
I lost COM 7 and 8 from Hannington at 20:30, due to CCI. The UHF band
was alive for a couple of hours with all sorts of stuff, though I didn't
lose the main PSBs (which I normally do when such conditions kick off)

I suspect your problem as related to that, rather than any Tx problem

--
Mark
Old December 29th 16, 11:10 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 29/12/2016 10:08, Woody wrote:
Anyone have problems with Com4-8 on Emley last night? Started a bit
before 18:00 and was fully corrected by about 21:30, TV showing no
signal.

PSB1-3 were OK throughout. Suggests a feed problem to me.

There was an intense bout of lift reception conditions last night.
I lost COM 7 and 8 from Hannington at 20:30, due to CCI. The UHF
band was alive for a couple of hours with all sorts of stuff, though
I didn't lose the main PSBs (which I normally do when such
conditions kick off)

I suspect your problem as related to that, rather than any Tx
problem

Hmm, not so sure. For a start I think your weather was rather
different to ours - icy cold but only slightly foggy here - but more
to the point channels 41, 44, and 47 were OK, but 32, 34, 48, 51, and
52 were gone. 51 came back first with the others over about a 30 min
period maybe an hour later. I know lift/ducting can be very odd
sometimes but not quite so selective as that I would suggest?

Old December 29th 16, 11:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 29/12/2016 12:10, Woody wrote:

Hmm, not so sure. For a start I think your weather was rather
different to ours - icy cold but only slightly foggy here - but more
to the point channels 41, 44, and 47 were OK, but 32, 34, 48, 51, and
52 were gone. 51 came back first with the others over about a 30 min
period maybe an hour later. I know lift/ducting can be very odd
sometimes but not quite so selective as that I would suggest?

It's hard to tell at times, sometimes the interference isn't enough to
noticeably mangle some muxes, but can to others. Remember the PSB muxes
are on better 'protected' allocations than the COMs, and in many cases
higher power.

I'm told this morning a lot of relays in England (inc up north) had
degraded RBL links last night

--
Mark
Old December 29th 16, 03:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Woody
scribeth thus

[...]

Looks as if it is or has been "interesting" !

http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_eur.html
--
Tony Sayer