Middle aged rock stars and Christmas

Old December 27th 16, 11:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Middle aged rock stars and Christmas

On 26/12/2016 11:13, Bob wrote:

Actually I hold a similar view - that retired right wing old farts should
suffer a similar fate. Still I can always put them into a kill file
again.

What's 'retired' got to do with it? Are you admitting you're an ageist?
Ageism is worse than racism, you know.

Old December 27th 16, 11:59 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 26/12/2016 11:35, Max Demian wrote:
On 26/12/2016 10:38, tim... wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news

I wish the Benny Cucumber and St Bob would snuff it, or at least
suffer some debilitating illness that prevented them spouting their
insufferable ********.

Benny Cucumber ?????

Benedict Cumberbatch apparently. I've not seen the nickname before, but
GIYF.

Perhaps Bill will let us know what particular "********" he has
"spouted" that offends him so much.

Using his position to lecture his theatre audiences about the illegal
immigrants in Calais. He said everyone should take some into their
homes, but he hasn't taken any into his vast luxurious gated palace, the
hypocritical git.

Old December 27th 16, 12:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 26/12/2016 14:16, Pinnerite wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

Two more gone this Christmas by the looks of it.

What can one say?
Brian

My early mornings are devoted to surf the TV news channels.
I start with the BBC which today was all about George Michael
and then go on to the others for real news. Back to the BBC
and it was still twittering on about George Michael.

Same thing every day. A one trick pony.

Why the blazes do they call it BBC News?

He was gay.

Old December 27th 16, 01:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 26/12/2016 14:43, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 14:16:10 +0000, Pinnerite
wrote:

My early mornings are devoted to surf the TV news channels.
I start with the BBC which today was all about George Michael
and then go on to the others for real news. Back to the BBC
and it was still twittering on about George Michael.

Same thing every day. A one trick pony.

George Michael dies every day?

Is Michael Jackson still dead BTW ?

seems not yet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_A._Jackson

tim

---

Old December 27th 16, 02:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On 26/12/2016 10:38, tim... wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news

I wish the Benny Cucumber and St Bob would snuff it, or at least
suffer some debilitating illness that prevented them spouting their
insufferable ********.

Benny Cucumber ?????

Benedict Cumberbatch apparently. I've not seen the nickname before, but
GIYF.

Perhaps Bill will let us know what particular "********" he has
"spouted" that offends him so much.

Using his position to lecture his theatre audiences about the illegal
immigrants in Calais. He said everyone should take some into their
homes, but he hasn't taken any into his vast luxurious gated palace, the
hypocritical git.

Bill

I thought the Arch-bishop of Canterbury had put a refugee family up in a cottage in the grounds of his vast luxurious gated palace (Lambeth).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...sorship-scheme
Old December 27th 16, 04:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

On 26/12/2016 10:38, tim... wrote:
[...]

who cares if he did

Letting people live (even for free) in a spare self-contained property that
you happen to have lying about is a mile away from sharing your day to day
communal space with them. And doing the first does not entitle you to
complain that other people wont do the latter.

tim

---

Old December 27th 16, 04:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Another person with a view of utopia who has not experienced real life
apparently.

Can I order my Immigrant from Amazon yet?
I want one with some common sense, who can drive is trustworthy and can be
house trained.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)

Old December 27th 16, 05:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Indeed not. However getting it all back onto topic. George Michael
apparently died of heart failure, often a term used for death, after all if
your heart fails death is often the result, I'd suggest. The reason though,
is still not clear. did he just overdo the drugs, did it take its toll over
the years, nobody seems to be saying anything, but if he did have one of the
common diseases of needle sharing or having sex without protection then
these can hasten the end.

it is very sad, as no matter what Bill and others think he gave a lot of
people pleasure from his music and as is often the way, with the wealth that
springs from that, if you have a weak will or are a troubled soul, drug
abuse is often the result as with the Status Quo front man a couple of days
earlier.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)
news

Old December 27th 16, 06:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 27/12/2016 16:59, Brian-Gaff wrote:
Another person with a view of utopia who has not experienced real life
apparently.

Can I order my Immigrant from Amazon yet?
I want one with some common sense, who can drive is trustworthy and can be
house trained.

Note that you (but not the immigrant) will have to be CRB checked.

--
Max Demian
Old December 27th 16, 06:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 27/12/2016 17:07, Brian-Gaff wrote:
Indeed not. However getting it all back onto topic. George Michael
apparently died of heart failure, often a term used for death, after all if
your heart fails death is often the result, I'd suggest. The reason though,
is still not clear. did he just overdo the drugs, did it take its toll over
the years, nobody seems to be saying anything, but if he did have one of the
common diseases of needle sharing or having sex without protection then
these can hasten the end.

it is very sad, as no matter what Bill and others think he gave a lot of
people pleasure from his music and as is often the way, with the wealth that
springs from that, if you have a weak will or are a troubled soul, drug
abuse is often the result as with the Status Quo front man a couple of days
earlier.

Yes, it seems many 'creative types', artists, musicians, comedians, lead
troubled and insecure lives, and it's not a modern thing either, it goes
back centuries.

There's really no need to either sneer or sympathise, just enjoy their
work if it's to your taste.

--
Mark