Complaint from a tenant today

Old December 22nd 16, 04:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Complaint from a tenant today

My television goes all funny in the afternoon and my neighbour is the
same. You'll have to come when it's happening or you won't believe it.

Old December 22nd 16, 09:32 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 05:47:50 +0000
Bill Wright wrote:

My television goes all funny in the afternoon and my neighbour is the
same. You'll have to come when it's happening or you won't believe it.

Bill

Pictures to follow?

--
Davey.
Old December 22nd 16, 10:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
On 22/12/2016 05:47, Bill Wright wrote:
My television goes all funny in the afternoon and my neighbour is the
same. You'll have to come when it's happening or you won't believe it.

Bill

Please report on the funny neighbour.

is he playing Tarzan on the aerial?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old December 22nd 16, 10:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roger Mills[_2_]

On 22/12/2016 05:47, Bill Wright wrote:
My television goes all funny in the afternoon and my neighbour is the
same. You'll have to come when it's happening or you won't believe it.

Bill

Please report on the funny neighbour.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old December 22nd 16, 03:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On Thursday, 22 December 2016 05:47:49 UTC, wrote:
My television goes all funny in the afternoon and my neighbour is the
same. You'll have to come when it's happening or you won't believe it.

It's not those home videos backfeeding into the system again is it?

Or is it 1966 all over again? In which case he's watching ITV3.

Owain

Old December 23rd 16, 12:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

wrote:

My television goes all funny in the afternoon and my neighbour is the
same. You'll have to come when it's happening or you won't believe it.

Bill

Clearly she has sunspots causing diathermy backscatter.
A veritable laugh riot.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old December 23rd 16, 07:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I used to laugh at some of the tags put on pcbs sent back for faults back in
the 1960s.

Picture bounces when customer moves
Customer smells when set on for half an hour, replacing TD20 stopped it.

(TD20 was the pcb that turned the cable signal into video etc)

BBC2 produces snow. Fault traced to IF board.

Intermittent vertical line, dead spider found in EHT module replaced stab
board.

There were some however that nobody could read at all, even with 20/20
vision and we suspect the local doctors were moonlighting as tv service
engineers in the Welsh valleys.

news

Old December 23rd 16, 07:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

There were in the old days many people you met when around a house with what
I used to call human ghosting.
They used to say everything twice for some reason as if it was required as
nobody would believe them otherwise.

I think a certain person used to write about such an individual in
television Magazine, mr Doubleday as I recall. these people still exist I am
told.

Old December 23rd 16, 01:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 23/12/2016 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
There were in the old days many people you met when around a house with what
I used to call human ghosting.
They used to say everything twice for some reason as if it was required as
nobody would believe them otherwise.

I think a certain person used to write about such an individual in
television Magazine, mr Doubleday as I recall. these people still exist I am
told.
Brian

I had a customer who followed up my every remark with "So you say!" I
was at his house once when the phone rang. He listened to the voice at
the other end then, "So you say!" Listened a bit more then, "So you say!"

Old December 23rd 16, 06:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pinnerite

Bill Wright wrote:

On 23/12/2016 08:49, Brian Gaff wrote:
There were in the old days many people you met when around a house with
what I used to call human ghosting.
They used to say everything twice for some reason as if it was required
as
nobody would believe them otherwise.

I think a certain person used to write about such an individual in
television Magazine, mr Doubleday as I recall. these people still exist I
am told.
Brian

I had a customer who followed up my every remark with "So you say!" I
was at his house once when the phone rang. He listened to the voice at
the other end then, "So you say!" Listened a bit more then, "So you say!"

Bill

My wife and her first cousin have an irritating habit which is to assume
that anyone who refuses a second helping of anything do not know their own
minds. "Are you sure?" absolutely grates on me.

Alan