Christmas tv.

Old December 19th 16, 07:36 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Christmas tv.

I'm underwhelmed from what I've heard there is nothing on any of the main
channels that is in any way new, there are lots of Christmas versions of
well known stuff, all probably made last July, and there is a Dr Who,
Sherlock which I find total crap, and what else?
All the so called well known celebrities and comedians do not make me
laugh, and most of them I've never heard of. mrs Browns boys is so stupid
its like watching some kind of rehersal with the swearing left in. Maybe
its me, but all this is just the same old tosh.

Time was when several video recorders were needed to store stuff and you
could be watching xmas stuff till easter, but not any more.

Old December 19th 16, 09:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
I'm underwhelmed from what I've heard there is nothing on any of the main
channels that is in any way new,

There are a couple of good films on Boxing Day

tim

---

Old December 19th 16, 03:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 08:36:22 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I'm underwhelmed from what I've heard there is nothing on any of the main
channels that is in any way new, there are lots of Christmas versions of
well known stuff, all probably made last July, and there is a Dr Who,
Sherlock which I find total crap, and what else?
All the so called well known celebrities and comedians do not make me
laugh, and most of them I've never heard of. mrs Browns boys is so stupid
its like watching some kind of rehersal with the swearing left in. Maybe
its me, but all this is just the same old tosh.

I like Sherlock but agree otherwise.

Time was when several video recorders were needed to store stuff and you
could be watching xmas stuff till easter, but not any more.

You could apply the process in reverse and record in advance of
Christmas.
Old December 19th 16, 04:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall[_2_]

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
I'm underwhelmed from what I've heard there is nothing on any of the main
channels that is in any way new, there are lots of Christmas versions of
well known stuff, all probably made last July, and there is a Dr Who,
Sherlock which I find total crap, and what else?

Alan Bennett reading from his diaries ought to be amusing. Nowadays the
TV channels seem to put most of their dosh into buying blockbuster films
to screen over Christmas rather than commissioning their own programmes,
though.
--
John Hall
"One can certainly imagine the myriad of uses
Old December 19th 16, 09:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan White[_3_]

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 22:33:02 GMT, pamela wrote:

So much broadcast telly has
become rubbish.

That's why the RT is useful for finding the good stuff.

--
Alan White
Mozilla Firefox and Forte Agent.

Old December 20th 16, 08:10 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Anonymous[_2_]

pamela wrote:
On 08:36 19 Dec 2016, Brian Gaff wrote:

I'd almost forgotten that old routine of flicking through the
Radio Times and marking programmes.

Only time we buy RT is Christmas/New Year. This year we will have to buy
two issues to cover the holiday period!

George

Old December 20th 16, 08:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 19/12/2016 16:13, Scott wrote:

You could apply the process in reverse and record in advance of
Christmas.

Indeed. Currently our PVR only has 6% spare disc space, so an ideal
opportunity is coming up.

--
Mark
Old December 20th 16, 08:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_6_]

In message , Mark Carver
writes
On 19/12/2016 16:13, Scott wrote:

You could apply the process in reverse and record in advance of
Christmas.

Indeed. Currently our PVR only has 6% spare disc space, so an ideal
opportunity is coming up.

6%? Luxury!

--
Ian
Old December 20th 16, 08:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Mark Carver
writes
On 19/12/2016 16:13, Scott wrote:

You could apply the process in reverse and record in advance of
Christmas.

Indeed. Currently our PVR only has 6% spare disc space, so an ideal opportunity is
coming up.

6%? Luxury!

It's nature's way of telling you that you didn't need to record the 94%.