Christmas tv.

Old December 21st 16, 08:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

Default Christmas tv.

"Yellow" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 15:02:49 -0000, Yellow
says...
On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 08:36:22 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I'm underwhelmed from what I've heard there is nothing on any of the main
channels that is in any way new, there are lots of Christmas versions of
well known stuff, all probably made last July, and there is a Dr Who,
Sherlock which I find total crap, and what else?
All the so called well known celebrities and comedians do not make me
laugh, and most of them I've never heard of. mrs Browns boys is so stupid
its like watching some kind of rehersal with the swearing left in. Maybe
its me, but all this is just the same old tosh.

I like Sherlock but agree otherwise.

Time was when several video recorders were needed to store stuff and you
could be watching xmas stuff till easter, but not any more.

You could apply the process in reverse and record in advance of
Christmas.

I have half a hard drive full of unwatched TV, but don't we all? :-)

Only half?

I also have a YouView box and that is a third full and a back up drive
where I transfer films, waiting to be watched, and that is 2TB and is
93% full.

But the main Freeview PVR, yes - about 50% full. :-)

What are you waiting for before you watch them all? Incapacity?

Old December 21st 16, 09:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JNugent[_4_]

On 19/12/2016 22:52, Alan White wrote:
On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 22:33:02 GMT, pamela wrote:

So much broadcast telly has
become rubbish.

That's why the RT is useful for finding the good stuff.

The double issue is nearly 5!

The free ones with the papers are better value.
Old December 21st 16, 10:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

In article , says...

wrote:

[...]

Actually - yes. Not the answer you were expecting?

TV programmes tend to be feast or famine so I always like to have
something available to watch during the famine periods when I am at
home.

But I think we are all pretty much the same, the TV licence being as
expensive as it is, and we all like to get our money's worth and would
rather record and then delete unwatched than go without something
tempting to watch.

Old December 21st 16, 10:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

In article , says...

wrote:

[...]

I have the whole of the internet full of unwatched TV.

And very handy it is too when you have missed the start of a new series
or a random episode, or just a TV show that passed you by when it was
broadcast.

I try not to let it trouble me.

Does anyone?
Old December 22nd 16, 09:31 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 19/12/2016 22:52, Alan White wrote:
On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 22:33:02 GMT, pamela wrote:

So much broadcast telly has
become rubbish.

That's why the RT is useful for finding the good stuff.

The double issue is nearly 5!

The free ones with the papers are better value.

though it's only free if you would have bought the paper anyway

---