Christmas tv.

Old December 21st 16, 02:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

Default Christmas tv.

On 21/12/2016 15:01, Yellow wrote:

All down to personal taste I suppose but I am happy with a couple of new
movies and a few new dramas or comedies that are not soaps.

It is not often you see "soap" and "comedy" in the same sentence. :-)

Old December 21st 16, 05:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
On 21/12/2016 15:01, Yellow wrote:

All down to personal taste I suppose but I am happy with a couple of new
movies and a few new dramas or comedies that are not soaps.

It is not often you see "soap" and "comedy" in the same sentence. :-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075584/?ref_=nv_sr_1

HTH

tim

---

Old December 21st 16, 05:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall[_2_]

In message , Yellow
writes
In article ,
says...

pamela wrote:
On 08:36 19 Dec 2016, Brian Gaff wrote:

I'd almost forgotten that old routine of flicking through the
Radio Times and marking programmes.

Only time we buy RT is Christmas/New Year. This year we will have to buy
two issues to cover the holiday period!

George

4.50!

I passed.

I bought a RT once, but never again. The layout was atrocious. The Daily
Mail is a lousy paper, but its Saturday TV guide for the week ahead is
excellent.
--
John Hall
"One can certainly imagine the myriad of uses
Old December 21st 16, 06:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 21/12/2016 18:02, tim... wrote:

"Indy Jess wrote in message
On 21/12/2016 15:01, Yellow wrote:

All down to personal taste I suppose but I am happy with a couple of new
movies and a few new dramas or comedies that are not soaps.

It is not often you see "soap" and "comedy" in the same sentence. :-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075584/?ref_=nv_sr_1

HTH

tim

Ah yes. I had forgotten that one.
It was a long time ago though.

Old December 21st 16, 07:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 15:02:49 -0000, Yellow

says...

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 08:36:22 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I'm underwhelmed from what I've heard there is nothing on any of the main
channels that is in any way new, there are lots of Christmas versions of
well known stuff, all probably made last July, and there is a Dr Who,
Sherlock which I find total crap, and what else?
All the so called well known celebrities and comedians do not make me
laugh, and most of them I've never heard of. mrs Browns boys is so stupid
its like watching some kind of rehersal with the swearing left in. Maybe
its me, but all this is just the same old tosh.

I like Sherlock but agree otherwise.

Time was when several video recorders were needed to store stuff and you
could be watching xmas stuff till easter, but not any more.

You could apply the process in reverse and record in advance of
Christmas.

I have half a hard drive full of unwatched TV, but don't we all? :-)

Only half?

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old December 21st 16, 08:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

I also have a YouView box and that is a third full and a back up drive
where I transfer films, waiting to be watched, and that is 2TB and is
93% full.

But the main Freeview PVR, yes - about 50% full. :-)
Old December 21st 16, 08:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

I have the whole of the internet full of unwatched TV.

I try not to let it trouble me.