Satellite PVR refused to record Penguin Post Office in HD

Old December 16th 16, 04:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_6_]

Default Satellite PVR refused to record Penguin Post Office in HD

This afternoon, I was having a cup of tea, and 'The Penguin Post Office'
happened to be on BBC2 HD (watching it live through my Manhattan
satellite PVR, type Plaza HDR-S).

I finished my tea, and had to go - but as I also wanted to see the end,
I pressed the record button. A few seconds later, a 'Record failed'
message appeared. I tried several times to record - even erasing each
time what little had been recorded, and also rebooting the PVR - but
record stubbornly continued to fail. The remaining disk space was 8%, so
there was plenty of room. I eventually changed to SD, and it recorded
OK.

When I returned later, the next programme ('A Place to Call Home') was
on - and as a test, I tried again to record the BBC2 HD version. This
time, it recorded OK.

Is there any explanation for this behaviour?
--
Ian