tomtom ONE

Old December 14th 16, 09:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default tomtom ONE

OK it depends on the processor architecture and how they access memory.
Obviously there is a limit on older processors, say 16bit of address space.
If they use say a 32 bit or 64 bit processor then larger lumps of memory are
addressable at the sametime.

"Scott" wrote in message
I have received an email from TomTom saying that map updates for the
original TomTom ONE have been discontinued because the new maps have
become so large that the old devices do not have the capacity to store
them. They go on to mention that the new TomTom has 16GB of memory.
My TomTom has an SD card (currently 2GB). Is there anything to stop
me installing a 16GB sim card?

The reason I ask is because I am wondering whether this is a stunt by
tomtom to sell me a new unit (in which case I would buy Garmin) or it
this old unit genuinely beyond its 'use by' date?

Thanks.