OT - embarrassing admission

Old December 13th 16, 08:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Geoff Pearson

Default OT - embarrassing admission

I confess - I've been reading news groups on Windows LiveMail 2011 - not a
proper news reader. I don't like to reply to posts because it doesn't
insert the proper signs. But now I've confessed I feel better and may
change my ways.

I use news.individual.net as my news server. Which reader do
chaps/chapesses use/recommend?

Geoff

Old December 13th 16, 09:14 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bob[_12_]

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 09:50:41 +0000, Geoff Pearson wrote:

I use news.individual.net as my news server. Which reader do
chaps/chapesses use/recommend?

Thunderbird seems popular with many Windows users.

The main thing is to keep your email client separate from your news
client to avoid embarrassing mistakes :-)

Old December 13th 16, 09:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Geoff Pearson

"Bob" wrote in message
o.uk...

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 09:50:41 +0000, Geoff Pearson wrote:

I use news.individual.net as my news server. Which reader do
chaps/chapesses use/recommend?

Thunderbird seems popular with many Windows users.

The main thing is to keep your email client separate from your news
client to avoid embarrassing mistakes :-)

and is that what you use?

Geoff

Old December 13th 16, 09:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

wrote:

I confess - I've been reading news groups on Windows LiveMail 2011 - not a
proper news reader. I don't like to reply to posts because it doesn't
insert the proper signs. But now I've confessed I feel better and may
change my ways.

I use news.individual.net as my news server. Which reader do
chaps/chapesses use/recommend?

I'm using Forte Agent. It's not free but not very expensive either,
and it's very configurable, which might make it daunting at first, but
once you've set it up it's easy to use. It can handle any number of
usenet and email accounts in the same interface.

The only thing that disappoints me about it is that it's Windows only
and there doesn't appear to be anything quite like it for Linux, so if
I ever have to make the leap permanently, I'll have to learn something
new. I suppose you're never too old to do that though...

Old December 13th 16, 09:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

wrote:

I confess - I've been reading news groups on Windows LiveMail 2011 - not a
proper news reader. I don't like to reply to posts because it doesn't
insert the proper signs. But now I've confessed I feel better and may
change my ways.

I use news.individual.net as my news server. Which reader do
chaps/chapesses use/recommend?

I'm using Forte Agent. It's not free but not very expensive either,
and it's very configurable, which might make it daunting at first, but
once you've set it up it's easy to use. It can handle any number of
usenet and email accounts in the same interface.

The only thing that disappoints me about it is that it's Windows only
and there doesn't appear to be anything quite like it for Linux, so if
I ever have to make the leap permanently, I'll have to learn something
new. I suppose you're never too old to do that though...

That's the one I have used for years.
Old December 13th 16, 09:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message
I confess - I've been reading news groups on Windows LiveMail 2011 - not a
proper news reader. I don't like to reply to posts because it doesn't
insert the proper signs. But now I've confessed I feel better and may
change my ways.

you need to downgrade to V14.0.8117.416

tim

---

Old December 13th 16, 09:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
UnsteadyKen[_6_]

In article ,
says...
I use news.individual.net as my news server. Which reader do
chaps/chapesses use/recommend?

Microplanet Gravity.

http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/

Old December 13th 16, 09:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall[_2_]

In message , Geoff Pearson
writes
I confess - I've been reading news groups on Windows LiveMail 2011 -
not a proper news reader. I don't like to reply to posts because it
doesn't insert the proper signs. But now I've confessed I feel better
and may change my ways.

I use news.individual.net as my news server. Which reader do
chaps/chapesses use/recommend?

Geoff

I use Turnpike but, as it's no longer available and hasn't been for many
years, that's not very helpful. You might find this useful:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...et_newsreaders
--
John Hall
"One can certainly imagine the myriad of uses
Old December 13th 16, 09:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in message
"Bob" wrote in message
o.uk...

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 09:50:41 +0000, Geoff Pearson wrote:

I use news.individual.net as my news server. Which reader do
chaps/chapesses use/recommend?

Thunderbird seems popular with many Windows users.

The main thing is to keep your email client separate from your news
client to avoid embarrassing mistakes :-)

and is that what you use?

Geoff

I use Winmail that comes with Windows 10

Old December 13th 16, 09:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan White[_3_]

wrote:

I'm using Forte Agent. It's not free but not very expensive either,
and it's very configurable, which might make it daunting at first, but
once you've set it up it's easy to use. It can handle any number of
usenet and email accounts in the same interface.

+1

--
Alan White
Mozilla Firefox and Forte Agent.