Digital drop out.

Old December 6th 16, 04:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Digital drop out.

On 06/12/2016 16:30, Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 02:43:19 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

NICAM itself adds a delay of around 14ms.

It's near instantaneous then?

Yes, 14ms near !

14ms? That's about two foot innit?

No it's about 14 feet. 1 foot = 1 millisecond for most practical
purposes.

That's a convenient unit. It makes my lawn 4 sq. ms. That'll be a great
help when I buy some fertiliser.

Old December 6th 16, 06:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

wrote:

NICAM itself adds a delay of around 14ms.

It's near instantaneous then?

Yes, 14ms near !

14ms? That's about two foot innit?

No it's about 14 feet. 1 foot = 1 millisecond for most practical
purposes.

That's a convenient unit. It makes my lawn 4 sq. ms. That'll be a great
help when I buy some fertiliser.

How many dB larger than my lawn is that ?

--
Mark
Old December 7th 16, 12:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 06/12/2016 19:25, Mark Carver wrote:

That's a convenient unit. It makes my lawn 4 sq. ms. That'll be a great
help when I buy some fertiliser.

How many dB larger than my lawn is that ?

Probably 12dB. But the grass/weed ratio of my lawn is terrible. With
your better grass/weed ratio you are probably better off. It doesn't
matter how big the lawn is, the grass/weed ratio has to be OK. I have a
friend who's lawn has a grass/weed ratio that's a minus figure.

Then of course there's moss.