3D glasses for Sony TV?

Old December 1st 16, 11:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

Default 3D glasses for Sony TV?

Sony branded TDG-BT500A are nearly 50 per single pair. Cheaper brands of
TDG-BT500A can be bought on Amazon or Ebay at 27 for 2 pairs. Will there
be much difference between them?

Kenny Cargill

Old December 1st 16, 03:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 01/12/16 12:08, Kenny wrote:
Sony branded TDG-BT500A are nearly 50 per single pair. Cheaper brands
of TDG-BT500A can be bought on Amazon or Ebay at 27 for 2 pairs. Will
there be much difference between them?

Those will be counterfeit copies, guaranteed.

I took the view that since this is very likely to be the case (and no
way am I spending 100 on a Sony on 3D), best to buy something highly
reviewed and compatible.

These active shutter glasses work for me fine.

2 X Excelvan Universal 3D Active Shutter Glasses (Bluetooth) For
Sony/Panasonic/Sharp/Toshiba/Mitsubishi/Samsung 3DTV
28.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RJP4PHI

--
Adrian C
Old December 2nd 16, 04:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
the dog from that film you saw

On 01/12/2016 22:10, Brian Gaff wrote:
What on earth do you watch in 3D nowadays except the same old demo discs?
Brian

you still get most 3d films that were that way in the cinema on 3d blu ray.
Old December 2nd 16, 04:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

"the dog from that film you saw" wrote in message

On 01/12/2016 22:10, Brian Gaff wrote:
What on earth do you watch in 3D nowadays except the same old demo discs?
Brian

you still get most 3d films that were that way in the cinema on 3d blu ray.

Thanks for the replies, have ordered these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RJP4PHI
3D TV to me is just a novelty but I recently bought a Sony with 3D and
promised grandkids I'd get glasses before Xmas. Been told Youtube has a 3D
channel and 3D movies can be got from torrent sites. Those ones I've
ordered get fairly good reviews but I'm curious about how they compare with
the much more expensive Sony ones.

Old December 2nd 16, 07:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 02/12/16 17:47, Kenny wrote:
"the dog from that film you saw" wrote in message

On 01/12/2016 22:10, Brian Gaff wrote:
What on earth do you watch in 3D nowadays except the same old demo discs?
Brian

you still get most 3d films that were that way in the cinema on 3d blu ray.

Thanks for the replies, have ordered these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RJP4PHI
3D TV to me is just a novelty but I recently bought a Sony with 3D and
promised grandkids I'd get glasses before Xmas. Been told Youtube has a
3D channel and 3D movies can be got from torrent sites. Those ones I've
ordered get fairly good reviews but I'm curious about how they compare
with the much more expensive Sony ones.

YouTube has plenty of demo content. This charming snake is something I
use to bring out some real 3D phobia's in people ...

SONY 3D SBS SNAKE DEMO 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNowmggVldY

I bought a HD Sony KDL43W805C a few years ago, primarily it was (then)
the screen quality, upscaling for dodgy web media and integrated Android
that was interesting - not really that it had 3D, but hey.

Those glasses were enough for me to marvel at the science and fully
justified me not spending more on what, and I agree with others,
basically is a gimmick.

I've got one 3D film, titanic - still on the shelf until I find a cheap
enough 3D blueray player at a car boot sale, or fix the samsung one I
have where the blue laser has inconveniently died.

No rush

--
Adrian C
Old December 2nd 16, 07:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 02/12/2016 20:02, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

I've got one 3D film, titanic -

How very prophetic !

--
Mark
Old December 7th 16, 12:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message ...

On 02/12/16 17:47, Kenny wrote:
[...]

Received these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RJP4PHI 3D glasses
Monday but cannot get them to work!
Have fully charged them and the TV indicates registration successful but
when I try a 3D YouTube or downloaded 3D video the glasses won't even switch
on. Bluetooth and 3D are both enabled on the TV which is Sony KD-55X8509C,
have looked at Sony support site for problems with 3D but nothing there
which applies to me.
Any ideas anyone? Should I just return the glasses for refund?

Kenny

Old December 7th 16, 08:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 07/12/16 13:57, Kenny wrote:

Received these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RJP4PHI 3D
glasses Monday but cannot get them to work!
Have fully charged them and the TV indicates registration successful but
when I try a 3D YouTube or downloaded 3D video the glasses won't even
switch on. Bluetooth and 3D are both enabled on the TV which is Sony
KD-55X8509C, have looked at Sony support site for problems with 3D but
nothing there which applies to me.
Any ideas anyone? Should I just return the glasses for refund?

Yeah, it works. Sony expect users to be trying with a bought 3D DVD.

Go into YouYube, _then_ enable 3D side-by-side from the action menu.
Hold the glasses button then, and it should automatically pair and
change the TV display mode.

--
Adrian C
Old December 7th 16, 09:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 07/12/16 21:21, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 07/12/16 13:57, Kenny wrote:

Any ideas anyone? Should I just return the glasses for refund?

Yeah, it works. Sony expect users to be trying with a bought 3D DVD.

Go into YouYube, _then_ enable 3D side-by-side from the action menu.
Hold the glasses button then, and it should automatically pair and
change the TV display mode.

Damm, I should have written

"_then_ enable 3D side-by-side from the action menu _while_ playing
the video" !

--
Adrian C