Old TalkTalk badged YouView box

Old November 29th 16, 09:39 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Wade[_2_]

Default Old TalkTalk badged YouView box

Folks,

I have one of the Talk Talk badged YouView boxes with twin tuner and
HD recorder. As I have BT it seems to have turned itself into a BT
YouView box, but until recently it worked fine. However its now gone
very slow so for example pressing guide results in a delay of several
seconds, and changing channels has become fun (not)!.

The Help - About says its a Huawei model DN370T.02.04.P and the
software is 70.42.57, component software 3.0.47, platform config 3036,
ISP Config 248.

Is this a general problem with these boxes when loaded with the latest
software? Would a newer model behave better?

Dave Wade
Old November 29th 16, 11:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"David Wade" wrote in message
news
Folks,

I have one of the Talk Talk badged YouView boxes with twin tuner
and HD recorder. As I have BT it seems to have turned itself into a
BT YouView box, but until recently it worked fine. However its now
gone very slow so for example pressing guide results in a delay of
several seconds, and changing channels has become fun (not)!.

The Help - About says its a Huawei model DN370T.02.04.P and the
software is 70.42.57, component software 3.0.47, platform config
3036, ISP Config 248.

Is this a general problem with these boxes when loaded with the
latest software? Would a newer model behave better?

I have had one of those for a few years and it has always been slow.
However apart from the inability to do a manual tune I have found it
to be a good, sensitive box which produces a good quality HD picture.
I paid 40 for mine and have no complaints.

You could try a full reset but not sure if that means you loose your
recordings.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old November 29th 16, 03:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Wade[_2_]

On 29/11/2016 12:20, Woody wrote:
"David Wade" wrote in message
news
Folks,

I have one of the Talk Talk badged YouView boxes with twin tuner
and HD recorder. As I have BT it seems to have turned itself into a
BT YouView box, but until recently it worked fine. However its now
gone very slow so for example pressing guide results in a delay of
several seconds, and changing channels has become fun (not)!.

The Help - About says its a Huawei model DN370T.02.04.P and the
software is 70.42.57, component software 3.0.47, platform config
3036, ISP Config 248.

Is this a general problem with these boxes when loaded with the
latest software? Would a newer model behave better?

I have had one of those for a few years and it has always been slow.

Yes but mine seemed to get a lot slower after a recent holiday..

However apart from the inability to do a manual tune I have found it
to be a good, sensitive box which produces a good quality HD picture.
I paid 40 for mine and have no complaints.

You could try a full reset but not sure if that means you loose your
recordings.

I should have said, no better after a full reset....

Dave
Old November 30th 16, 12:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

In article ,
says...

"David Wade" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.a516digital.com/2016/11/t...uview-upgrade-
announced.html

or shorter

http://tinyurl.com/zft696k

Old November 30th 16, 08:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Yellow" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...

On 29/11/2016 12:20, Woody wrote:
"David Wade" wrote in message
news Folks,

[...]

Er, but the OP (like me) is not a customer of TT (or at least he
hasn't said he is) so both of us will not get the upgrade.

Old November 30th 16, 08:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Some of these tend to lose their hard drives after going glitchy and slow.
Whether this is corruption fragmentation or crap drives I do not know.
Similar issues used to happen with tvonics pvrs for the blind. In both cases
new better drives seems to fix them if what I hear is true. However they
are getting quite old now and one has to wonder if the software itself is
now more complex and the processor speed and memory available a bit low to
cope.

"Woody" wrote in message
news

Old November 30th 16, 09:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Wade[_2_]

On 30/11/2016 09:21, Woody wrote:
"Yellow" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...

On 29/11/2016 12:20, Woody wrote:
"David Wade" wrote in message
news Folks,

[...]

I am not, it now seems to get upgrades from BT. I suspect its a
commbination of drive fragmentation and software bloat. It looks like it
upgraded while I was on Holiday...

Dave
Old November 30th 16, 11:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 29/11/16 10:39, David Wade wrote:
Folks,

I have one of the Talk Talk badged YouView boxes with twin tuner and HD
recorder. As I have BT it seems to have turned itself into a BT YouView
box, but until recently it worked fine. However its now gone very slow
so for example pressing guide results in a delay of several seconds, and
changing channels has become fun (not)!.

I have a BT YouView box purchased retail that for me sits on Plusnet FTTC.

It doesn't work with Plusnet's launched YouView service - ye have to
rent their own box which is probably the same kit or similar. Not a
biggie though, I've little interest in football.

--
Adrian C
Old November 30th 16, 12:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"David Wade" wrote in message
news
On 30/11/2016 09:21, Woody wrote:
"Yellow" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...

On 29/11/2016 12:20, Woody wrote:
"David Wade" wrote in message
news Folks,

[...]

I'm on VM cable so it will be interesting to see if it finds its way
through their maze!

Old November 30th 16, 10:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

In article , says...

"Yellow" wrote in message
T...
In article ,

says...

On 29/11/2016 12:20, Woody wrote:
"David Wade" wrote in message
news Folks,

[...]

Just thought it was a bit of interesting information on the software
status of these boxes.

Can't help some people......