I dislike ordering stuff that is not in stock

Old November 28th 16, 01:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

Default I dislike ordering stuff that is not in stock

Twice recently I have tried to order a Sony smart TV listed by Amazon for
next day delivery, but it is eventually not available. The latest delivery
date now is 21st December so I had to cancel. Argos, Hughes and Richersounds
have the TV, but only for in store collection.

Old November 28th 16, 02:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 14:52:54 -0000
"Phi" wrote:
Twice recently I have tried to order a Sony smart TV listed by Amazon for
next day delivery, but it is eventually not available. The latest delivery
date now is 21st December so I had to cancel. Argos, Hughes and Richersounds
have the TV, but only for in store collection.

So go buy it in store then. Unless you're disabled whats the problem?

--
Spud

Old November 28th 16, 02:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 28/11/16 14:52, Phi wrote:
Twice recently I have tried to order a Sony smart TV listed by Amazon
for next day delivery, but it is eventually not available. The latest
delivery date now is 21st December so I had to cancel. Argos, Hughes and
Richersounds have the TV, but only for in store collection.

I had an urge to have some baked beans. Went to the shops. There was
none on the shelf. Went home and starved.

--
Adrian C
Old November 28th 16, 06:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

"Phi" wrote:
Twice recently I have tried to order a Sony smart TV listed by Amazon for
next day delivery, but it is eventually not available. The latest delivery
date now is 21st December so I had to cancel. Argos, Hughes and
Richersounds
have the TV, but only for in store collection.

So go buy it in store then. Unless you're disabled whats the problem?

--
Spud

They won't let me on the bus with it.

Old November 28th 16, 06:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

"Phi" wrote:
Twice recently I have tried to order a Sony smart TV listed by Amazon
for
next day delivery, but it is eventually not available. The latest
delivery
date now is 21st December so I had to cancel. Argos, Hughes and
Richersounds
have the TV, but only for in store collection.

So go buy it in store then. Unless you're disabled whats the problem?

They won't let me on the bus with it.

Argos do home delivery though (I work round the corner from one of their
depots)

--
Mark
Old November 28th 16, 06:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

"Phi" wrote:
Twice recently I have tried to order a Sony smart TV listed by Amazon
for
next day delivery, but it is eventually not available. The latest
delivery
date now is 21st December so I had to cancel. Argos, Hughes and
Richersounds
have the TV, but only for in store collection.

So go buy it in store then. Unless you're disabled whats the problem?

They won't let me on the bus with it.

Argos do home delivery though (I work round the corner from one of their
depots)

Sorry, missed your bit about store only collection, as you
were.............

--
Mark
Old November 28th 16, 08:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 21:02:06 GMT, pamela wrote:

On 14:52 28 Nov 2016, Phi wrote:

Twice recently I have tried to order a Sony smart TV listed by
Amazon for next day delivery, but it is eventually not
available. The latest delivery date now is 21st December so I
had to cancel. Argos, Hughes and Richersounds have the TV, but
only for in store collection.

I had a variation on this. The item I wanted from a UK vendor was in
stock but it was coming to me from their American supplier's
warehouse. Right now it's stuck somewhere in customs.

Hope it's not 110 Volts.

Old November 29th 16, 08:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

"Phi" wrote:
Twice recently I have tried to order a Sony smart TV listed by Amazon for
next day delivery, but it is eventually not available. The latest delivery
date now is 21st December so I had to cancel. Argos, Hughes and
Richersounds
have the TV, but only for in store collection.

So go buy it in store then. Unless you're disabled whats the problem?

--
Spud

They won't let me on the bus with it.

Just buy a smaller TV then and sit closer to it!

--
Spud