Lack of logic grumble - Humax Freesat HD

Old November 28th 16, 08:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

Default Lack of logic grumble - Humax Freesat HD

On 28/11/2016 10:33, tim... wrote:

It's a Humax, of course it hasn't had enough testing

It's their MO

Is anyone else better?

At least it's better than my Tomtom. That goes deaf after a week or so
of commuting, and requires a cold start. Obviously a resource leak.

Andy
Old November 29th 16, 10:07 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 21:34:00 +0000, Vir Campestris
wrote:

On 28/11/2016 10:33, tim... wrote:

It's a Humax, of course it hasn't had enough testing

It's their MO

Is anyone else better?

At least it's better than my Tomtom. That goes deaf after a week or so
of commuting, and requires a cold start. Obviously a resource leak.

Tom Tom, bugs and all, is superior to the rubbish Nissan puts in their car
sat
navs. Nissan claimed in a court case against staff who stole them that
they cost
2,500 each.

That'll be the complete costs of the central console unit

not the costs of incrementally adding the sat nav facility

tim

Old November 29th 16, 10:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:07:11 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

At least it's better than my Tomtom. That goes deaf after a week or so
of commuting, and requires a cold start. Obviously a resource leak.

Tom Tom, bugs and all, is superior to the rubbish Nissan puts in their car
sat
navs. Nissan claimed in a court case against staff who stole them that
they cost
2,500 each.

That'll be the complete costs of the central console unit

not the costs of incrementally adding the sat nav facility

When I bought my Toyota, the extra cost of including their own
built-in satnav system was 1,100ukp, and that was 12 years ago.
Presumably without it I would have got the same central console unit
with a slightly different display and fewer buttons, and the wiring
loom for the DVD unit under the passenger seat would still have been
there but would have ended in a bagged up connector.

Yes, in order to store the map data, they had to put it on a DVD! I
mean, it would have been ridiculous to consider any form of electronic
data storage that could have held an amount as immense as 4.7GB!

Satnav was a new thing then, and as far as I knew the only way you
could get it was as a built-in option in a new car. It seemed
expensive, but I'd seen it working in someone else's car and was so
impressed I resolved to have it in my next one, whatever it cost.
We've come a long way in those 12 years, now that you can just go to
Halfords and buy a little box with a rubber sucker and a ciggy plug
for about a tenth of the price. Who'd have thought?