Android TV boxes?

Old November 25th 16, 10:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

Default Android TV boxes?

Can they wirelessly display a laptop, tablet or phone on the TV screen?

Kenny Cargill
Old November 26th 16, 08:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 23:35:00 -0000, "Kenny" wrote:

Can they wirelessly display a laptop, tablet or phone on the TV screen?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but by using an Android app called
ES File Explorer on my TV streaming box, I can access my photos which
are stored on the main computer and display them on the TV screen. Is
that any use to you?

Frankly, although this can be done, navigating around ES File Explorer
using a TV remote control is not easy, so I'm inclined to regard the
experiment as more of a proof of concept than actually useful, but
there may be a better way that I don't know about.

Old November 26th 16, 11:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 25/11/16 23:35, Kenny wrote:
Can they wirelessly display a laptop, tablet or phone on the TV screen?

Look at the play store.

There is a "Google Cast Receiver" android application that should run on
that Android TV box. It came preinstalled on my Android based TV.

Effectively the should behaves like a google chromecast.

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2014/4/...he-effort.html

--
Adrian C
Old November 26th 16, 11:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 26/11/16 12:34, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 25/11/16 23:35, Kenny wrote:
Can they wirelessly display a laptop, tablet or phone on the TV screen?

Look at the play store.

There is a "Google Cast Receiver" android application that should run on
that Android TV box. It came preinstalled on my Android based TV.

Effectively the should behaves like a google chromecast.

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2014/4/...he-effort.html

delete "the should behaves" above.

"Other methods of wibbling readable English are available"

--
Adrian C
Old November 26th 16, 04:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

On 25/11/16 23:35, Kenny wrote:
Can they wirelessly display a laptop, tablet or phone on the TV screen?

Look at the play store.

There is a "Google Cast Receiver" android application that should run on
that Android TV box. It came preinstalled on my Android based TV.

Effectively the should behaves like a google chromecast.

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2014/4/...he-effort.html

delete "the should behaves" above.

"Other methods of wibbling readable English are available"

--
Adrian C

Thanks for the replies, I know that Google Chromecast will do this but am
looking for something more versatile, maybe like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01L1E7G82?psc=1
None of these boxes say in specs if they can cast a laptop screen to an
older non Smart TV but I suspect some will, problem is knowing which one!

Kenny

Old November 26th 16, 08:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On Friday, 25 November 2016 23:35:02 UTC, Kenny wrote:
Can they wirelessly display a laptop, tablet or phone on the TV screen?

If you can install an Android App on the box, then use Teamviewer and you can remote access to almost any other type of computer

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/android/

Not sure the quality is good enough for streaming video but it's probably adequate for powerpoint or similar.

Owain