The moon

Old November 15th 16, 11:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default The moon

Yup it will be proof for anyone who is looking for a link.
Incidentally missed this one as well...
* Oct 31 - Apollo Asteroid 2003 UV11 Near-Earth Flyby (0.038 AU)

I don't suppose it was big enough to be seen in any case.

"Clive Page" wrote in message
On 15/11/2016 08:52, Chris Hogg wrote:

or maybe the election of the Trump.

Lunatics aren't called lunatics for no reason!

And the Brexit vote was only a couple of days after the June full moon. I
think that proves it.

--
Clive Page

Old November 15th 16, 07:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

There was a spell of clear sky long enough to see that the Moon didn't look
particularly any bigger or nearer.

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
What is the sudden interest in the moon, its been going around the earth
in a not very circular manner fo many years now and I can recall a day in
the 80s when it was supposed to be bigger. Being on a breakwater inthe
canaries at the time, the moon always looks bigger there as it rises over
the see, and cannot say anyone noticed any difference. Now this being
Britain, not may people saw it this time, however the distance yesterday
and tomorrow will not be noticable really, so why all the hype on the tv?
I did wonder why nobody had linked it to the New Zealand Earthquakes yet,
or maybe the election of the Trump.
:-)

Old November 15th 16, 07:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Chris Hogg
writes
On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 08:26:15 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I did wonder why nobody had linked it to the New Zealand Earthquakes
yet,

The moon causes the tides, and puts considerable stress on the solid
stuff as well, so could trigger fracture and an earthquake in parts
already stressed close to their breaking points.

It's been discussed in the prestigious science journal 'Nature'
recently, here http://tinyurl.com/hwpkfl9

or maybe the election of the Trump.

Lunatics aren't called lunatics for no reason!

As I understand it, it's not that the moon is extraordinarily close to the
earth, but rather that, on certain rare occasions, its regular 'close
pass' coincides exactly with it being a full moon - and this is one of
those occasions.

Are there any published figures on loony bin admissions?

Old November 15th 16, 07:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 15/11/2016 20:01, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:
There was a spell of clear sky long enough to see that the Moon didn't
look particularly any bigger or nearer.

It was very big and low here. It's knocked down a lot of TV aerials.

Old November 15th 16, 07:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 15/11/2016 20:06, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:

Are there any published figures on loony bin admissions?

You are being loonyist. That's worse than racist because loonys can't
help it but negros could use make up.

Old November 16th 16, 08:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Well Tthe lady had obviously spent too long in one or the other. I'm
starting to hate spellcheckers by the way...

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 12:19:19 -0000, "Brian Gaff"

wrote:

On the bbc the other night a program on weather on other planets got its
millibars mixed up with its bars.

public or saloon?
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old November 16th 16, 09:14 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 23:37:00 +0100, Martin wrote:

Are there any published figures on loony bin admissions?

There seems little justification for any link, in reality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunatic

It seemed to effect a presenter on Radio York who said "So let me get this
straight, the moon just looks bigger, it hasn't got bigger"

Even Father Ted understood that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXypyrutq_M

Old November 16th 16, 06:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 15/11/2016 20:06, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:

Are there any published figures on loony bin admissions?

You are being loonyist. That's worse than racist because loonys can't help
it but negros could use make up.

Allegedly; prolonged cannabis (and other illicit drugs) causes psychosis -
so some loonies *CAN* help it.

Old November 17th 16, 08:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike[_19_]

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
On the bbc the other night a program on weather on other planets got its
millibars mixed up with its bars.

So what? ... someone on Watchdog a couple of weeks ago was complaining
their broadband didn't have the correct megapipes (!)

Clearly they meant megabytes. Er, megabits ... or ... megabits per second.

Whatever the units are, *I want more of them*.

Actually, the whole piece was mostly non-technical twaddle, as you'd
expect when Watchdog get into an "UP TO!" rant, problems mostly caused
by people with crap local wi-fi links, operated in tin-foil lined
new extensions to their house, moaning that "The Internets" was not running
at the speed they paid for.

All stoked up by the BBC outrage generator machine

Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk | http://www.signal11.org.uk
Old November 17th 16, 08:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
On the bbc the other night a program on weather on other planets got its
millibars mixed up with its bars.

Lockheed Martin lost a very expensive Mars probe by confusing inches and Cm.

The government was going to give them the DWP IT contract till they were
reminded of that disaster.