BBC bias: Corbyn and le Penn interviewed on the Andrew Marr programme

Old November 14th 16, 04:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pinnerite

Default BBC bias: Corbyn and le Penn interviewed on the Andrew Marr programme

pinnerite wrote:

critcher wrote:

On 13/11/2016 20:01, Bill Wright wrote:
Marr gave us a sort of 'health warning' before the le Pen interview,
because she's 'far right'. No such warning before the Corbyn interview
about him being 'far left'.

Marine le Pen was pestered about her father's 30-year-old comments about
the Holocaust.

Corbyn on the other hand, wasn't even asked about the Labour Party's
current anti-Semitism.

Bill

what anti-Semitism ???

You probably missed it. It's where female Jewish MPs get death threats,
hints that Hitler got it right etc. Easy to dismiss, unless of course you
are the target.

Alan

This came down a few moments ago:

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/a...anti-semitism/

Alan

--
Mageia 5 for x86_64, Kernel:4.4.16-desktop-1.mga5

Old November 14th 16, 07:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 11:51:18 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

I never understand the position of Holocaust denial. All of the

people who
they think are being slandered are now dead (that's the

perpetrators, not
the survivors), so what's the point in arguing about whether they

were
guilty or not?

Wouldn't you be upset if someone seriously slagged off a much loved,
but dead grandparent?

--
Max Demian
Old November 14th 16, 07:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
critcher[_6_]

wrote:

I never understand the position of Holocaust denial. All of the

people who
they think are being slandered are now dead (that's the

perpetrators, not
the survivors), so what's the point in arguing about whether they

were
guilty or not?

Wouldn't you be upset if someone seriously slagged off a much loved, but
dead grandparent?

you mean like Millibands father was by the mail ?
Old November 14th 16, 07:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
critcher[_6_]

On 13/11/2016 21:18, pinnerite wrote:

what anti-Semitism ???

You probably missed it. It's where female Jewish MPs get death threats,
hints that Hitler got it right etc. Easy to dismiss, unless of course you
are the target.

Alan

and was that labour party members threatening death ???
Old November 14th 16, 07:58 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
critcher[_6_]

On 13/11/2016 21:32, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 13/11/2016 20:18, critcher wrote:

what anti-Semitism ???

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=labour+party+anti-semitism

(about a quarter of a million hits, BTW)

I want to know what you think is anti-Semitism, not what the papers say.
Old November 14th 16, 08:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
critcher[_6_]

On 14/11/2016 12:05, Bill Wright wrote:
On 14/11/2016 09:19, Chris Green wrote:
In uk.d-i-y Bill Wright wrote:
On 13/11/2016 22:08, Chris Green wrote:

Personally I think le Pen is further right than Corbyn is left but I
suspect you might disagree.

It isn't really quantifiable is it?

Not easily no, but your original posting depends on it as much as my
reply surely??

Yes it does, so you can probably guess what I think. One way of
assessing how far to the left or right a politician is might be to
imagine how much good or bad they could do if they came to power. On
that basis I'd say Mr Corbyn is an extremist because Marxism would
destroy the economy and Stalinism would destroy free speech.
I can't imagine that Mme le Pen could do that much damage.

Bill

how many times has capitalism destroyed the economy ?
Old November 14th 16, 08:04 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]

On 14/11/16 19:58, critcher wrote:
On 13/11/2016 21:32, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 13/11/2016 20:18, critcher wrote:

what anti-Semitism ???

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=labour+party+anti-semitism

(about a quarter of a million hits, BTW)

I want to know what you think is anti-Semitism, not what the papers say.

Well why didn't you ask that question, then?

Old November 14th 16, 08:05 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]

In uk.d-i-y Bill Wright wrote:
On 13/11/2016 22:08, Chris Green wrote:

Personally I think le Pen is further right than Corbyn is left but I
suspect you might disagree.

It isn't really quantifiable is it?

Not easily no, but your original posting depends on it as much as my
reply surely??

Yes it does, so you can probably guess what I think. One way of
assessing how far to the left or right a politician is might be to
imagine how much good or bad they could do if they came to power. On
that basis I'd say Mr Corbyn is an extremist because Marxism would
destroy the economy and Stalinism would destroy free speech.
I can't imagine that Mme le Pen could do that much damage.

Bill

how many times has capitalism destroyed the economy ?

Never to my certain knowledge.

Old November 14th 16, 08:13 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod Speed

news
In uk.d-i-y Bill Wright wrote:
On 13/11/2016 22:08, Chris Green wrote:

Personally I think le Pen is further right than Corbyn is left but I
suspect you might disagree.

It isn't really quantifiable is it?

Not easily no, but your original posting depends on it as much as my
reply surely??

Yes it does, so you can probably guess what I think. One way of
assessing how far to the left or right a politician is might be to
imagine how much good or bad they could do if they came to power. On
that basis I'd say Mr Corbyn is an extremist because Marxism would
destroy the economy and Stalinism would destroy free speech.
I can't imagine that Mme le Pen could do that much damage.

how many times has capitalism destroyed the economy ?

Never, even the Great Depression didn’t destroy the economy
and neither did any of the considerable number of full
depressions we saw in the century before 1929 either.

Old November 14th 16, 10:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 20:01:54 UTC, wrote:
Marr gave us a sort of 'health warning' before the le Pen interview,
because she's 'far right'. No such warning before the Corbyn interview
about him being 'far left'.

Marine le Pen was pestered about her father's 30-year-old comments about
the Holocaust.

Corbyn on the other hand, wasn't even asked about the Labour Party's
current anti-Semitism.

Bill

You also missed today's Metro, which complained she was fascist and given airtime on Remembrance Sunday.