New fibre installation keeps buffering on BBC

Old November 9th 16, 05:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

Default New fibre installation keeps buffering on BBC

With a small screen in HD on Windows 10
Old November 9th 16, 05:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Phi wrote:

With a small screen in HD on Windows 10

Upgrade from ADSL to fibre? How long ago? has provider upped your line's
IP rate?

Old November 9th 16, 05:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Phi wrote:

With a small screen in HD on Windows 10

Upgrade from ADSL to fibre? How long ago? has provider upped your line's
IP rate?

When I checked earlier it was 47Mb/sec for download and 22Mb/sec for upload

Old November 9th 16, 05:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Phi wrote:

When I checked earlier it was 47Mb/sec for download and 22Mb/sec for upload

Should be OK then. I wondered if you'd just been upgraded and
immediately thought "I know I'll test it with iPlayer" before the speed
had adjusted.

Which browser, with or without flash? If you right click the video, what
bitrate and resolution has it chosen, CPU maxing out?

Old November 9th 16, 05:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

On 09/11/2016 18:42, Andy Burns wrote:
Phi wrote:

When I checked earlier it was 47Mb/sec for download and 22Mb/sec for
upload

Should be OK then. I wondered if you'd just been upgraded and
immediately thought "I know I'll test it with iPlayer" before the speed
had adjusted.

Which browser, with or without flash? If you right click the video, what
bitrate and resolution has it chosen, CPU maxing out?

+

how much memory?

what integrated graphics or graphics card?

can you post a tracert to bbc.co.uk?

--
Robin
Old November 9th 16, 06:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Phi" wrote in message
With a small screen in HD on Windows 10

Does your ISP have contention problems and/or lack of capacity to your
exchange?

Does it happen with any other source - ITV Hub, My5 etc?

I'm on 70Mb cable with VM and often get buffering on iPlayer.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old November 9th 16, 06:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Phi wrote:

When I checked earlier it was 47Mb/sec for download and 22Mb/sec for
upload

Should be OK then. I wondered if you'd just been upgraded and immediately
thought "I know I'll test it with iPlayer" before the speed had adjusted.

Which browser, with or without flash? If you right click the video, what
bitrate and resolution has it chosen, CPU maxing out?

Using Firefox with Flash 23

--------[
Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Computer Type ACPI x64-based PC
(Mobile)
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10
Professional
OS Service Pack -
Internet Explorer 11.0.10240.16384
DirectX DirectX 12.0
Computer Name DESKTOP-SFBF2T4
User Name Sysadmin
SMTP E-mail Address
Logon Domain DESKTOP-SFBF2T4
Date / Time 2016-11-09 / 19:28

Motherboard:
CPU Type Mobile QuadCore
Intel Core i7-3840QM, 3700 MHz (37 x 100)
Motherboard Name Clevo W110ER
Motherboard Chipset Intel Panther Point
HM76, Intel Ivy Bridge
System Memory 8087 MB (DDR3-1600
DDR3 SDRAM)
DIMM1: Corsair Vengeance CMSX4GX3M1A1600C9 4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3
SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 800 MHz) (7-7-7-19 @ 622 MHz) (6-6-6-16 @ 533 MHz)
DIMM3: Corsair Vengeance CMSX4GX3M1A1600C9 4 GB DDR3-1600 DDR3
SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 800 MHz) (7-7-7-19 @ 622 MHz) (6-6-6-16 @ 533 MHz)
BIOS Type AMI (05/25/2012)

Display:
Video Adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics
4000 (2112 MB)
Video Adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics
4000 (2112 MB)
Video Adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics
4000 (2112 MB)
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT
650M (2 GB)
3D Accelerator Intel HD Graphics
4000
Monitor ASUS VK278Q (1920 x
1080)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Intel Panther Point
HDMI @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-1]
Audio Adapter VIA VT1802P @ Intel
Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-1]

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel(R) 7
Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller - 1E03
IDE Controller Realtek PCIE
CardReader
Storage Controller Microsoft Storage
Spaces Controller
Disk Drive Generic USB SD
Reader USB Device
Disk Drive Samsung SSD 850 EVO
500GB (500 GB, SATA-III)
Disk Drive SDHC Card (7 GB)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 65999 MB (36899 MB
free)
D: (NTFS) 201.0 GB (34.3 GB
free)
E: (NTFS) 200.3 GB (73.8 GB
free)
Total Size 465.8 GB (144.2 GB
free)

Input:
Keyboard Cherry GmbH USB
Keyboard
Keyboard HID Keyboard Device
Keyboard Standard PS/2
Keyboard
Mouse HID-compliant mouse
Mouse PS/2 Compatible
Mouse

Network:
Primary IP Address 127.0.0.1
Primary MAC Address 0C-D2-91-04-F2-4C
Network Adapter Intel(R) Centrino(R)
Wireless-N 135
Network Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi
Direct Virtual Adapter
Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE
Family Controller
Network Adapter TAP-Windows Adapter
V9

Old November 9th 16, 07:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dickie mint[_2_]

On 09/11/2016 18:05, Phi wrote:
With a small screen in HD on Windows 10

Noticed of late with W7, FF 49.0.2, BBC website videos flash a picture
and go black. Refreshing the page produces a working video!

Choosing SD when given the choice in iplayer results in a smoother video
playout.

iplayer stalled 4 times watching an HD programme of an hour.

An ookla speedtest gives 45.49MBs download, 9.37Mbs upload.

Richard