Can we now have some normal news?

Old November 9th 16, 04:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Can we now have some normal news?

This Us Election stuff is worse than football for pundits who have no clue
why everyone voted in a bombastic awkward bigoted idiot into the white
House, its obvious, the wanted to stick two fingers up at the rest of the
politicians by landing them with an insufferable person to try and work
with.
Maybe now we can have that none of the above on ballot papers over here. if
we had that here we would probably still not be getting worked up about the
EU.

Searching Trump found lots of these self proclaimed experts, but one entry
was a breath of fresh air from the 1950s arranged by Ron Goodwin and
produced by George Martin, sung by Mandy Miller I think.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9_09-23-20.mp3

grin

Old November 9th 16, 04:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Brian Gaff wrote:
This Us Election stuff is worse than football for pundits who have no clue
why everyone voted in a bombastic awkward bigoted idiot into the white
House, its obvious, the wanted to stick two fingers up at the rest of the
politicians by landing them with an insufferable person to try and work
with.

Your subject line is not quite connected with your text!!!

Anyway the answer is no! The news can be on the possible antics of Trump,
then the actual antics of Trump, then who knows (WW3???)

Old November 9th 16, 04:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
This Us Election stuff is worse than football for pundits who have no clue
why everyone voted in a bombastic awkward bigoted idiot into the white
House,

Whilst the merits of the person might be in question, ISTM for it to have
been reasonable for the BBC to spend the whole day covering it.

tim

Old November 9th 16, 05:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_8_]

On 09/11/2016 17:45, tim... wrote:

Whilst the merits of the person might be in question, ISTM for it to
have been reasonable for the BBC to spend the whole day covering it.

I assume some in the BBC are also looking for any editors,
correspondents etc who didn't insult Trump over the past couple of years
and so might just possibly be allowed into the White House. ISTM it'll
be a hard search as my impression is most showed as much foresight and
diplomacy as David Cameron (who called Trump "divisive, stupid and wrong").

--
Robin
Old November 9th 16, 06:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The Other John[_2_]

On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 17:45:35 +0000, tim... wrote:

Whilst the merits of the person might be in question, ISTM for it to
have been reasonable for the BBC to spend the whole day covering it.

That's fine, but couldn't they have confined it to the News Channel or are
they afraid the great unwashed never venture beyond ITV2 and Jeremy Kyle?

SWMBO was waiting to watch Doctors and they kept shunting it back further
and further. Dunno if they ever put it out, I'll have to check the PVR
(she doesn't understand it!).

--
TOJ.
Old November 9th 16, 08:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dickie mint[_2_]

On 09/11/2016 19:35, The Other John wrote:
On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 17:45:35 +0000, tim... wrote:

Whilst the merits of the person might be in question, ISTM for it to
have been reasonable for the BBC to spend the whole day covering it.

That's fine, but couldn't they have confined it to the News Channel or are
they afraid the great unwashed never venture beyond ITV2 and Jeremy Kyle?

SWMBO was waiting to watch Doctors and they kept shunting it back further
and further. Dunno if they ever put it out, I'll have to check the PVR
(she doesn't understand it!).

All was cancelled bar a Pointless repeat at 1715.

The way the Trump Bumpf got extended was amateurish. The BBC TV guide,
epg and 'i' button couldn't keep up. At one point all afternoon
programmes on BBC1 had 10 minute durations!

The bbc.co.uk TV Guide can go back, so you can see what BBC1 ended up doing!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/guide

Meanwhile BBC2 continued as per schedule with repeats of donkey's year
old programmes.

They must have had the office junior doing the TV schedules! And it's
about time the BBC dropped this BBC1 is the prime channel, so all the
important stuff goes on that. All channels are now equal!

I would have dropped the BBC2 schedule and put the mindless, constantly
repeated Election drivel on that.

Of course we'll never be told the viewing figures!
Old November 9th 16, 08:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

On 09/11/16 18:07, Robin wrote:
On 09/11/2016 17:45, tim... wrote:

Whilst the merits of the person might be in question, ISTM for it to
have been reasonable for the BBC to spend the whole day covering it.

I assume some in the BBC are also looking for any editors,
correspondents etc who didn't insult Trump over the past couple of years
and so might just possibly be allowed into the White House. ISTM it'll
be a hard search as my impression is most showed as much foresight and
diplomacy as David Cameron (who called Trump "divisive, stupid and wrong").

Can you imagine media interest and spin on the public reaction when he
makes his first visit as president to Brenda at the palace?

I think he will be made really welcome!

--
Adrian C
Old November 10th 16, 06:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 21:46:10 +0000, Adrian Caspersz
wrote:

I assume some in the BBC are also looking for any editors,
correspondents etc who didn't insult Trump over the past couple of years
and so might just possibly be allowed into the White House. ISTM it'll
be a hard search as my impression is most showed as much foresight and
diplomacy as David Cameron (who called Trump "divisive, stupid and wrong").

Can you imagine media interest and spin on the public reaction when he
makes his first visit as president to Brenda at the palace?

He'd better not grab anything...

Old November 10th 16, 07:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Of course one has to say this. Most politicians are always suspected of
being corrupt and having dirty washing, so to speak to hide. In this case he
actually deliberately laid bare all his own faults and presumably this let
people think he was more trustworthy than the spin enabled holier than thou
alternatives. Problem is, did anyone bother to look careful at who did help
him, such as the evangelical church pro life folk who hate birth control and
abortion.
Think an abortion clinic just over the border in Canada might be a good
investment?