Can we now have some normal news?

Old November 10th 16, 08:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Clive Page[_4_]

Default Can we now have some normal news?

On 09/11/2016 17:05, Brian Gaff wrote:
This Us Election stuff is worse than football for pundits who have no clue
why everyone voted in a bombastic awkward bigoted idiot into the white
House, its obvious, the wanted to stick two fingers up at the rest of the
politicians by landing them with an insufferable person to try and work
with.

It's interesting that this disaster for the US also occurred on 9/11
(though for some reason they write their dates backwards, so this isn't
perhaps apparent to them). Also some of them may not realise, yet, that
this is also a disaster.

I think we in the UK can take credit from having shown the downtrodden
masses the way to stick two fingers up at the political class, by our
example last June.

--
Clive Page
Old November 10th 16, 01:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 10/11/2016 13:13, Martin wrote:

I think we in the UK can take credit from having shown the downtrodden
masses the way to stick two fingers up at the political class, by our
example last June.

which resulted in another disaster.

The same thing happened in Italy and Germany before the war.

The electorate is far more sophisticated now, and better informed.

Old November 11th 16, 08:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Dickie mint" wrote in message
On 09/11/2016 19:35, The Other John wrote:
On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 17:45:35 +0000, tim... wrote:

Whilst the merits of the person might be in question, ISTM for it to
have been reasonable for the BBC to spend the whole day covering it.

That's fine, but couldn't they have confined it to the News Channel or
are
they afraid the great unwashed never venture beyond ITV2 and Jeremy Kyle?

SWMBO was waiting to watch Doctors and they kept shunting it back further
and further. Dunno if they ever put it out, I'll have to check the PVR
(she doesn't understand it!).

All was cancelled bar a Pointless repeat at 1715.

Yesterday (Thursday) we got "and now Doctors, postponed from yesterday
(wed)" [1]

Does that now mean that today (Fri.) were are going to get "and now Doctors,
postponed from yesterday (thurs)"

and on Monday we will get "and now Doctors, postponed from last Friday"

When will it ever end?

[1] I don't watch it BTW, I was here at my computer with the TV on in the
other room and had listened to the 1 o'clock news on BBC1, instead of BBCN
and not got around to channel switching

tim

Old November 11th 16, 12:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 11/11/2016 09:49, tim... wrote:

[1] I don't watch it BTW, I was here at my computer with the TV on in
the other room and had listened to the 1 o'clock news on BBC1, instead
of BBCN and not got around to channel switching

I used to watch Doctors when it had good medicine-related story lines.
But now it's degenerated into a low rent soap with of course the BBC's
customary overlay of 'community-cohesion' brainwashing.

Old November 11th 16, 12:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 09:49:59 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

[...]

Today. Two episodes are being broadcast this afternoon.

ep100 will start at 1:45 pm followed by ep101 at 2:15 pm.

[1] I don't watch it BTW, I was here at my computer with the TV on in the
other room and had listened to the 1 o'clock news on BBC1, instead of BBCN
and not got around to channel switching

tim

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old November 11th 16, 01:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

OMG are there only 100 Eps.

It's been on *forever*

tim

Old November 11th 16, 03:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 14:21:35 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Oh no, that's just in the current season. There have been many hundreds
of episodes so far,

The episodes today are Season 18 eps 100 and 101 (of 187).
There were 217 eps in Season 17.

Much more info he
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0241383/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_1a

It's been on *forever*

tim

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old November 12th 16, 12:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 13:28:35 +0000, Peter Duncanson
wrote:

Does that now mean that today (Fri.) were are going to get "and now Doctors,
postponed from yesterday (thurs)"

and on Monday we will get "and now Doctors, postponed from last Friday"

When will it ever end?

Today. Two episodes are being broadcast this afternoon.

ep100 will start at 1:45 pm followed by ep101 at 2:15 pm.

And they couldn't get the CRIDs right.
The second one was in a series all on its own, so you'd have missed
it if you set a series link for all the others.
Bloody hopeless...
Old November 12th 16, 04:10 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
alan_m

On 10/11/2016 09:44, Clive Page wrote:

I think we in the UK can take credit from having shown the downtrodden
masses the way to stick two fingers up at the political class, by our
example last June.

Just wait for some of the elections in other EU countries.

Old November 12th 16, 04:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 12/11/2016 05:10, alan_m wrote:
On 10/11/2016 09:44, Clive Page wrote:

I think we in the UK can take credit from having shown the downtrodden
masses the way to stick two fingers up at the political class, by our
example last June.

Just wait for some of the elections in other EU countries.

As things continue to go badly for the leftist metropolitan 'elite' they
might just decide that democracy as an idea has had its day. What then?
Refusals to hand over power? Tanks on lawns?