OT. Channel Four are as bad as the BBC sometimes

Old November 13th 16, 11:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed

Default OT. Channel Four are as bad as the BBC sometimes

"RayL12" wrote in message
news
On 07/11/2016 8:28 PM, JoeJoe wrote:
On 07/11/2016 20:06, Bill Wright wrote:
I've just watched John Snow's report from the US. Utter total one-sided
bias against Trump. Staggeringly one-sided.
Now Dispatches are on about the housing shortage. They mention that it's
partly due to the 'massive population increase' but they don't say why
the population has increased.

Bill

I sometime wonder if people voted for Brexit because of the BBC stance
on the subject.

TV is a big influence. Which is why I prefer to source elsewhere. In the
case of Hillary, it may be that her campaign did, indeed, give less hope
to people?

Another reasoning was that, because media gave Hillary a top of the
leaderboard stance, Hillary supporters, feeling confident, didn't bother
to get up and vote?

Television, other than a few programs, is mostly worthless.

My Grandad, during the 60's said, 'Son, never watch adverts. Pay little
attention to news'.

Broadcasters want us to sit still and watch.

Given that TV is big business, why should I ever believe that; what they
offer is in disregard for the business of itself and, is benefit to me?
How many businesses do that?

While on the subject of TV, beware the Smart device. A camera that feeds
much info to the controllers.

One night, you will invite a few friends around for a drink and a
film(disregarding it's source), only for the tv to tell you, 'Sorry, too
many viewers!'. Of course, like Cookies on the PC, only forced upon us
with best intentions and our best viewing experience at heart'. Aaawh, so
nice!

As for Hillary and Trump? Looking through the Net, Trump has done a few
things that have upset quite a few, ordinary, people. A golf course in
Scotland, as an instance.

Hillary, along with Mr Clinton? Out and out killer.

We will never, likely, find a 'people empowering' piece of news on TV.
Does anyone remember the 'all channels' exclusive news of 2011; Iceland
jailing bankers and ministers? There's a good reason we didn't!

That's a very jaundiced view. Its because of the media coverage we saw
that rioting in London with complete arseholes torching shops etc. And
now fools chucking a tantrum now that Trump has won too.

Old November 14th 16, 01:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2016 22:03, David Kennedy wrote:
On 13/11/2016 19:33, Bill Wright wrote:
On 13/11/2016 15:52, David Kennedy wrote:

There's nowt so strange as folk...

'Strange' means 'not from round here'. You mean 'queer'.

Bill

No. I mean bloody strange.

Your sentence had the word 'nowt'. That means that it was in Yorkshire
dialect. So the correct word is 'queer' not 'strange'.

Old November 14th 16, 09:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
David Kennedy[_2_]

On 14/11/2016 01:18, Bill Wright wrote:
On 13/11/2016 22:03, David Kennedy wrote:
On 13/11/2016 19:33, Bill Wright wrote:
On 13/11/2016 15:52, David Kennedy wrote:

There's nowt so strange as folk...

'Strange' means 'not from round here'. You mean 'queer'.

Bill

No. I mean bloody strange.

Your sentence had the word 'nowt'. That means that it was in Yorkshire
dialect. So the correct word is 'queer' not 'strange'.

Bill

Not if I meant strange it isn't.

--
David Kennedy

http://www.anindianinexile.com
Old November 14th 16, 10:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 23:00:45 +0000, RayL12
wrote:

While on the subject of TV, beware the Smart device. A camera that
feeds much info to the controllers.

One night, you will invite a few friends around for a drink and a
film(disregarding it's source), only for the tv to tell you, 'Sorry, too
many viewers!'.

Or worse still, just to send you a huge bill some time later.

If you think it can't ever happen, look at what regularly happens to
people on holiday with mobile phones.

Old November 21st 16, 07:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
RayL12

On 13/11/2016 11:56 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"RayL12" wrote in message
[...]

And, you cannot paint me a red picture using blue paint.

....Ray.