Should I change provider?

Old December 1st 16, 03:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian Caspersz

Default Should I change provider?

On 01/12/16 14:17, tony sayer wrote:

I wouldn't go with virgin unless someone local can prove to you it
works. Too many breakdowns around here with busted cabinets.

It works fine here in Cambridge 200 odd meg down and it is reliable
apart from a few times when dear old Pádraig has been too careless with
his digger! That wasn't their fault..

Ever since we've been connected circa 1993 its been faster that what
ADSL now even VDSL can achieve!.

All services are area dependant. It's probably wise to check before
signing up on a contract to cable, ADSL or mobile phone!

I think here, because of satellite dishes outnumbering cable installs by
a ratio of 10:1, a ropey ex-videotron network, and better DSL broadband
availability from local BT phone exchanges, Virgin don't really bother.
But YMMV.

--
Adrian C
Old December 1st 16, 09:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Adrian Caspersz
scribeth thus
On 01/12/16 14:17, tony sayer wrote:

I wouldn't go with virgin unless someone local can prove to you it
works. Too many breakdowns around here with busted cabinets.

It works fine here in Cambridge 200 odd meg down and it is reliable
apart from a few times when dear old Pádraig has been too careless with
his digger! That wasn't their fault..

Ever since we've been connected circa 1993 its been faster that what
ADSL now even VDSL can achieve!.

All services are area dependant. It's probably wise to check before
signing up on a contract to cable, ADSL or mobile phone!

I think here, because of satellite dishes outnumbering cable installs by
a ratio of 10:1, a ropey ex-videotron network, and better DSL broadband
availability from local BT phone exchanges, Virgin don't really bother.
But YMMV.

Yes i do remember back awhile ago they the local Comcast lot didn't
have much to say re Videotron that was good;!.

Bell Cablemedia and Nynex seemed fine..
--
Tony Sayer