Is access to all frequencies for listening a human right?

Old November 11th 16, 03:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Woolley[_2_]

Default Is access to all frequencies for listening a human right?

On 09/11/16 17:48, Andy Burns wrote:

Council housing may be worse than private, as they tended to be be wired
with single and earth cables with neutral looping round the ceiling
roses and live looping round the switches, with switched lives going up
to the ceiling roses.

Not advisable for people with hearing aids, as the 50Hz magnetic field
will wreak havoc with the current loop (T) setting (although the NHS
often lock down aids assuming users won't understand how to change modes).
Old November 11th 16, 04:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
David Woolley wrote:
On 09/11/16 17:48, Andy Burns wrote:

Council housing may be worse than private, as they tended to be be wired
with single and earth cables with neutral looping round the ceiling
roses and live looping round the switches, with switched lives going up
to the ceiling roses.

Not advisable for people with hearing aids, as the 50Hz magnetic field
will wreak havoc with the current loop (T) setting (although the NHS
often lock down aids assuming users won't understand how to change modes).

Just because you have a hearing impediment doesn't mean you're stupid.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old November 11th 16, 04:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Woolley[_2_]

On 11/11/16 17:42, charles wrote:
In article ,
David Woolley wrote:
On 09/11/16 17:48, Andy Burns wrote:

Council housing may be worse than private, as they tended to be be wired
with single and earth cables with neutral looping round the ceiling
roses and live looping round the switches, with switched lives going up
to the ceiling roses.

Not advisable for people with hearing aids, as the 50Hz magnetic field
will wreak havoc with the current loop (T) setting (although the NHS
often lock down aids assuming users won't understand how to change modes).

Just because you have a hearing impediment doesn't mean you're stupid.

I think the factor on which audiologists are stereotyping is age, rather
than hearing loss.
Old November 11th 16, 05:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 11/11/2016 16:48, David Woolley wrote:
On 09/11/16 17:48, Andy Burns wrote:

Not advisable for people with hearing aids, as the 50Hz magnetic field
will wreak havoc with the current loop (T) setting (although the NHS
often lock down aids assuming users won't understand how to change modes).

Is that a common problem? I have no experience of induction loops.

Old November 11th 16, 05:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 11/11/2016 17:51, David Woolley wrote:

Just because you have a hearing impediment doesn't mean you're stupid.

I think the factor on which audiologists are stereotyping is age, rather
than hearing loss.

Just because you're old doesn't mean you're stupid.

Old November 11th 16, 06:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan White[_3_]

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 18:51:57 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

Just because you're old doesn't mean you're stupid.

Thanks, Bill. At the age of seventy-nine and five twelfths I agree.

--
Alan White
Mozilla Firefox and Forte Agent.
Old November 11th 16, 07:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

wrote:

Just because you're old doesn't mean you're stupid.

Thanks, Bill. At the age of seventy-nine and five twelfths I agree.

That make you two and 11/12 years older than me.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old November 11th 16, 09:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan White[_3_]

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 20:12:51 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

That make you two and 11/12 years older than me.

Keep up the struggle and you might catch me up.

Old December 1st 16, 01:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , David Woolley
..demon.invalid scribeth thus
On 08/11/16 19:47, Bill Wright wrote:

If these devices work in 'normal mode' I suppose a good test would be to
separate the line and neutral conductors somewhere between the homeplug
'master' and 'slave' and see how much each of them radiates. But maybe
they work in common mode?

They work in differential mode (your normal mode, I guess), which is why
they can produce negligible radiation in the ideal environment of the
compliance test rig.

There're a few BBC funded reports on PLT interference a Google will show
them up..
--
Tony Sayer