a wonderful night for those with flapping ears

Old November 2nd 16, 08:28 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default a wonderful night for those with flapping ears

I don't think the quality of recording was up to it in those days, so
nothing could be understood.

I have a recording of Shirley Bassey at the Talk of the Town, which has
quite a lot of background noise as well, but not as much yacking.
anyone remember the Bee Gees being on there. That was the performance where
their sister was drafted in instead of Robin who was in the drying out
clinic, they said indisposed at the time.

"I'm Old Gregg" wrote in message
What about 'Café Continental', I think late 40's early 50's.

OG

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I never did understand these cabarets where the audience eats or just sits
and drinks. The earliest exam[ple I can recall was Sinatra at the Sands.
In the CD version you can hear the cutlery and in some bits the odd word
as well.

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
Jazz night at the Butchers Arms. In between the musical gems the
audience chats.

"The euro's worth nowt now we've left the common market."
"Well it was on the chuffin internet so it must be reight."
"Yes I like live music because it saves us having to talk."