GMT

Old October 30th 16, 08:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Default GMT

Did someone forget to wind the hands on the DAB transmitters?
Old October 30th 16, 09:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Actually just checked dab here in London and its correct now.

Old October 30th 16, 10:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Did someone forget to wind the hands on the DAB transmitters?

My bedside DAB radio was correct at 06.30!

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old October 30th 16, 10:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

charles wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Did someone forget to wind the hands on the DAB transmitters?

My bedside DAB radio was correct at 06.30!

Just powered mine (Evoke3) off and on again, it briefly read 12:06, then
switched to 11:06, I don't remember having to prod it in previous years.

Old October 30th 16, 10:59 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
charles wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Did someone forget to wind the hands on the DAB transmitters?

My bedside DAB radio was correct at 06.30!

Just powered mine (Evoke3) off and on again, it briefly read 12:06,
then switched to 11:06, I don't remember having to prod it in
previous years.

My Management tends to use the display of the Hummy as a clock during
the night as it is easiest for her to see. It didn't change until I
(soft) powered it up this morning.

If the thing can look at the EPG data at 0300 or whatever why the heck
can't to update the clock as well?

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old October 30th 16, 01:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 11:59:33 -0000, "Woody"
wrote:

My Management tends to use the display of the Hummy as a clock

during
the night as it is easiest for her to see. It didn't change until I
(soft) powered it up this morning.

If the thing can look at the EPG data at 0300 or whatever why the

heck
can't to update the clock as well?

I don't think it does look at the EPG when in standby. If a programme
is scheduled for 3am it starts up a few minutes before to check for
changes in the programme start time. In certain circumstances this
might result in failure to record programmes scheduled to start
around the DST change time correctly.

--
Max Demian
Old October 30th 16, 09:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Benderthe.evilrobot

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Did someone forget to wind the hands on the DAB transmitters?

The display on my Hitachi DAB was never intended to be readable, so I didn't
bother trying to read it.

My wris****ch and all but one of my clocks get either MSF or DCF77.

Old October 31st 16, 12:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 30/10/2016 22:11, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Did someone forget to wind the hands on the DAB transmitters?

The display on my Hitachi DAB was never intended to be readable, so I
didn't bother trying to read it.

My wris****ch and all but one of my clocks get either MSF or DCF77.

My dad never used to alter his watch in autumn. He always said the time
didn't matter in winter because there was nowt much happening, and
anyway his watch would come right again in Spring, and what's more
constantly fiddling with things was the best was to break them.

His watch is on my desk.

Old October 31st 16, 09:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 09:30:50 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Did someone forget to wind the hands on the DAB transmitters?

Is it not the case that the radio has its own clock and only checks
for network time periodically?
Old October 31st 16, 09:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Scott wrote:

Is it not the case that the radio has its own clock and only checks
for network time periodically?

I'd have expected it to check more frequently than every 11 hours, it
hasn't given problems with GMT/BST in previous years.