BT Sport

Old September 17th 16, 08:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

Default BT Sport

Having just moved to BT because Demon my erstwhile ISP decided to drop its email
service as part of an 'upgrade', I've now got BT Sport, only it's totally
unwatchable because there's a stuttttter every few seconds whenever I watch it.

My friend Google seems to think it's a common problem, but no-one has much idea how
to fix it, at least not as far as I'm concerned.

I was just wondering if anyone here has got it to work properly? Is there a cure,
or have we all been duped by BT marketing?

Old September 18th 16, 05:32 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

"Norman Wells" wrote in message
Having just moved to BT because Demon my erstwhile ISP decided to drop its
email service as part of an 'upgrade', I've now got BT Sport, only it's
totally unwatchable because there's a stuttttter every few seconds
whenever I watch it.

My friend Google seems to think it's a common problem, but no-one has much
idea how to fix it, at least not as far as I'm concerned.

I was just wondering if anyone here has got it to work properly? Is there
a cure, or have we all been duped by BT marketing?

Do you know the speed of your BT service ? I sometimes watch a BBC iPlayer
programme and that is subject to buffering whilst the delivery catches up
with the computer.

Old September 18th 16, 07:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

Phi" wrote in message ...
"Norman Wells" wrote in message
Having just moved to BT because Demon my erstwhile ISP decided to drop its email
service as part of an 'upgrade', I've now got BT Sport, only it's totally
unwatchable because there's a stuttttter every few seconds whenever I watch it.

My friend Google seems to think it's a common problem, but no-one has much idea
how to fix it, at least not as far as I'm concerned.

I was just wondering if anyone here has got it to work properly? Is there a
cure, or have we all been duped by BT marketing?

Do you know the speed of your BT service ? I sometimes watch a BBC iPlayer
programme and that is subject to buffering whilst the delivery catches up with the
computer.

No, it's not buffering that I'm complaining of, it's the video always stuttering
while it's playing, like it's missing out frames, most of the time just momentarily
but often half a second or so. The audio stutters too.

My 17 meg service actually gives me between 16 and 17.5 and works iPlayer and other
streaming services perfectly well, so it shouldn't be anything to do with the speed.

I was just wondering if anyone has actually got BBC Sport to work properly or if
it's a universal problem.

Old September 18th 16, 09:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Yes.
The internet is getting more and more rubbish as time passes. you speed up
the local part of the broadband and it bottlenecks somewhere else.
I think quite often downloading and watching later is often better but not
really the way they promote it. this is one reason I will not subscribe to
on line tv services.
I'm not with BT but I do find that even bbc stuff over directly connected
virgin broadband at breakneck speed still glitches or buffers at times.

If you are wirelessly connected then you might have interference issues.