BBC and flash player

Old September 15th 16, 10:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default BBC and flash player

Yes, it does list adobe as one of the updates it searches for. The problem
with ten is that actually discovering what its doing is almost impossible.
it telling me loads of updates failed but when you look at them you find
they are for unsupported versions of programs that still work, some of them
Microsofts own who removed the downloads themselves, like doh!

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 09:57:31 +0100, Roderick Stewart
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 22:25:18 +0100, Peter Crosland
wrote:

I notice that flash is no longer needed for BBC sites. Long overdue.

Windows 10 keeps updating it automatically though - there was an
update just the other day - so it's not dead yet.

Win10 updated Flash? Is that why I have had to "click to run flash player"
for
the last couple of weeks?
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old September 15th 16, 11:28 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Ken wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

"Sorry you need flash to play this"

The Link plays without problems On Windows 10 using Chrome, Internet
Explorer and Edge browsers.

But don't Chrome and Edge include their own 'private' versions of Flash?

Old September 15th 16, 11:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ken[_5_]

In article ,
says...
But don't Chrome and Edge include their own 'private' versions of Flash?

Yes they do.
Old September 24th 16, 06:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Peter Crosland wrote:

I notice that flash is no longer needed for BBC sites.

Finally seems to be true, even without my 'tablet user agent trick' I'm
getting dash rather than flash today.