Humax pvr "default" channel puzzle

Old September 13th 16, 07:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+[_4_]

Default Humax pvr "default" channel puzzle

Our Humax HDR Fox T2 has taken to always showing the red button channel
when turned on in the evening.

This is particularly puzzling as it's set to NOT power down at night at the
moment and I would expect it to just show the last channel viewed the
previous evening.

I am running the custom firmware but this is set to power up on channel
101. Any thoughts?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old September 13th 16, 08:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roger Mills[_2_]

On 13/09/2016 20:26, Tim+ wrote:
Our Humax HDR Fox T2 has taken to always showing the red button channel
when turned on in the evening.

This is particularly puzzling as it's set to NOT power down at night at the
moment and I would expect it to just show the last channel viewed the
previous evening.

I am running the custom firmware but this is set to power up on channel
101. Any thoughts?

Tim

Have you got it set to Disable OTA? That switches to the red button
every time it runs - mine does anyway!

Mine has developed an annoying fault whereby, every time it switches
from Standby to Run, it runs for a couple of minutes and then the
picture freezes but the sound carries on for another minute or so, and
then it re-boots. For that reason, I leave it on all the time and never
switch it to Standby. But I guess that it does this crash routine in the
middle of the night when it executes "Disable OTA" - 'cos when we first
turn the TV on each day, it's always on the red button.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old September 13th 16, 09:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+[_4_]

Roger Mills wrote:
On 13/09/2016 20:26, Tim+ wrote:
Our Humax HDR Fox T2 has taken to always showing the red button channel
when turned on in the evening.

This is particularly puzzling as it's set to NOT power down at night at the
moment and I would expect it to just show the last channel viewed the
previous evening.

I am running the custom firmware but this is set to power up on channel
101. Any thoughts?

Tim

Have you got it set to Disable OTA? That switches to the red button
every time it runs - mine does anyway!

Yep, I think that's the problem. Found some info here.

http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Fir...es#Disable_OTA

I've turned the reminder off. We'll see how that works out.

Thanks for the heads up.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls