Discouraging Aliens

Old September 10th 16, 06:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ian field

Default Discouraging Aliens

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 09/09/2016 09:42, Chris Green wrote:

Oh come off it Bill, that is pushing things a bit! I've given a fact,
there *are* only about 9000 people in the camp at Calais. My 'many'
refers to the hundreds of thousands who most definitely have arrived
in Greece, Italy and other European countries. To my mind and most
people who understand English that's 'many' - and they are mostly
refugees, can you give us any facts that would suggest they're not?

Yes. Only 40% of them are genuine refugees.
https://www.rt.com/news/330284-econo...s-eu-refugees/

Any anyway, why should refugees come to the UK? They're supposed to stay
in the first safe country.

They like our benefits and hate our flag.

Old September 10th 16, 07:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ian field

"Chris Green" wrote in message
Ian Field wrote:
Pay me what an MP gets and I'll put my thinking cap on.

They aren't *that* well paid you know. I probably earned almost as
some of the time that I was working (retired now). I don't think MPs
are in if for the money.

WTF!!!!! - how frequently were you dropped on your head when you were
little...................................

74k per annum, yes I guess it is *quite* a good salary but hardly the
sort of thing that many people in the city seem to be after.

Trolls usually try to show off how clever they are - you're pushing the
envelope and still coming up thick.....................

Old September 10th 16, 07:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ian field

On 09/09/2016 21:29, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 09/09/2016 20:53, Chris Green wrote:

They aren't *that* well paid you know. I probably earned almost as
some of the time that I was working (retired now). I don't think MPs
are in if for the money.

The pay isn't great, but the allowances and expenses are a significant
extra.

Jim

And you get to bum young lads.

.....................and run them over.

Old September 10th 16, 07:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ian field

"Chris Green" wrote in message
pamela wrote:
On 09:55 10 Sep 2016, Chris Green wrote:

pamela wrote:
On 09:52 9 Sep 2016, Chris Green wrote:

Bill Wright wrote:
On 08/09/2016 21:04, Chris Green wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
On 08/09/2016 09:28, Chris Green wrote:

Concern for my country and culture.

Why is that better in any way than someone else's,
except in your opinion?

Because certain things are axiomatic.

To you, but unfortunately not to everyone, so it's not a
very helpful position to argue from.

It is indeed very unfortunate that those such as you cannot
recognise the innate superiority of out western culture over
the barbaric codes of some other nations.

Do you *really* believe that Bill? If so then we may as well
stop this discussion now.

There's good and bad systems of government I agree and I
possibly agree that 'western democracy' is one of the 'least
worst' but to go from that belief to "the innate superiority
of out western culture" is a huge jump that I'm not willing
to take.

Are you confusing form of government with culture?

Er, no, Bill is.

Why are you referring to "western democracy" when Bill was talking
about "western culture"?

Many advanced cultures, such as Imperial Rome or Ancient China,
had almost no democracy at all.

But we *weren't* originally talking about culture were we? Bill
brought that up.

Its not his fault you have the attention span of a goldfish.

Old September 10th 16, 07:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ian field

"charles" wrote in message
Bill Wright wrote:
On 09/09/2016 21:02, Chris Green wrote:

If all of the refugees/immigrants/invaders in Calais were totally evil
(which I doubt) and if all 9000 of them got here we would hardly
notice, it's an insignificant number in a population of 60 million.

Yes but they breed like rabbits.

and a friend of my elder daughter (as British as they come) is now
expecting her 8th child!

Teach her how to say no.........................

Old September 10th 16, 07:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ian field

"Max Demian" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 15:30:13 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:
On 09/09/2016 21:02, Chris Green wrote:

If all of the refugees/immigrants/invaders in Calais were totally

evil
(which I doubt) and if all 9000 of them got here we would hardly
notice, it's an insignificant number in a population of 60

million.

Yes but they breed like rabbits.

So did Queen Victoria.

Someone had to populate the thrones of Europe.

Old September 10th 16, 07:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ian field

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 09/09/2016 09:58, Chris Green wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
On 08/09/2016 21:05, Chris Green wrote:

As I've said above the bulk of them are trying to *escape* from "an
Islamic Republic".

Why then do they behave as they do?

Who, where, when? What behaviour are you talking about? If you're
talking about terrorist attacks (in France, etc.) then I doubt very
much if it's people who have been driven from their homes in Syria
etc. who are making these attacks.

You don't know that. But in any case, the genuine refugees are hiding the
terrorists and law-breakers, so we have no option but to stop them all.
What would you do if a seagull pooped in your pint, try to drink round it?

I've had that happen - a group of us had spent the day stripping a car, when
it was done we settled down to relax with a bottle of wine on the removed
car seats.

My drink got dive bombed.

Old September 10th 16, 07:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
Ian Field wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
Bill Wright wrote:
On 09/09/2016 21:02, Chris Green wrote:

If all of the refugees/immigrants/invaders in Calais were totally
evil (which I doubt) and if all 9000 of them got here we would
hardly notice, it's an insignificant number in a population of 60
million.

Yes but they breed like rabbits.

and a friend of my elder daughter (as British as they come) is now
expecting her 8th child!

Teach her how to say no.........................

apparently she doesn't want to say that.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England