Apps

Old September 4th 16, 10:29 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Apps

Now that phones and tablets have re established the great idea of clients
for making things easier to access, sorry they now call them apps,but still
they are bespoke programs to access certain things or automate some tasks.
So when will we see a universal client for windows that allows one to play
all the channels content from their we sites with just the same interface?
That should have been the way to go here from the start. so often I hear
that some TVs which are so called smart cannot access the AD versions of bbc
content or only work on itv and you need a different bit of code for each of
the others.
They should learn from broadcast tv and note that tuners of a simple nature
have always won over complicated other methods of getting stations. Presets
etc are good.
It surely cannot be beyond the industry to develop something with plug in
modules that allows seamless watching of online content for the consumer
either on a computer, a tablet phone or tv.

Old September 5th 16, 12:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
[...]

There already are universal applications for each operating
system. They are called Web Browsers.

For their own reasons, the software vendors would rather have us
clog up the memory of our devices with countless bespoke
"Apps".
--

%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old September 5th 16, 06:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

The issue for many though is that clients or apps have a common interface,
hiding the idiotic differences in the ways the sites work and just
presenting the user with a clean selection of station, programmes, and how
to watch, ie subtitles AD or whatever. These could even include a panel for
any adverts if required. The people I speak to find the web sites so
complicated and different that they just get turned off big time.

Old September 5th 16, 07:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Green

Brian Gaff wrote:
The issue for many though is that clients or apps have a common interface,

????????? That's exactly the *problem* with most apps I have come
across, they each have a *different* interface very often designed
without the usability knowledge of the designers of the 'normal'
system interface.

A classic case (for me anyway) is the design of many media players for
PCs which try and look like a set-top box or standalone media player.
In the process they remove (or pervert) all the standard system ways
of doing things that I have learnt and am used to.

--
Chris Green
·
Old September 5th 16, 08:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Chris Green wrote:

Martin wrote:

MS have bought and are giving away a tool, which produces apps with interfaces
that are compliant with both Win10 and Android interface requirements.

... as in a 'tool' which allows programmers to write Apps? or what
exactly?

They describe it (Intune) as an "App wrapping tool"

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/deploy-use/prepare-android-apps-for-mobile-application-management-with-the-microsoft-intune-app-wrapping-tool