Freeview channels shuffled again

Old August 22nd 16, 02:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

Default Freeview channels shuffled again

I just noticed in the current Radio Times that Dave Ja Vue is now 79 instead
of last week's 84. So I did a rescan - some new channels popped up, but
nothing of note. Most numbers are unaffected.
--
Dave W

Old August 22nd 16, 06:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:59:52 +0100
"Dave W" wrote:

I just noticed in the current Radio Times that Dave Ja Vue is now 79
instead of last week's 84. So I did a rescan - some new channels
popped up, but nothing of note. Most numbers are unaffected.

I suppose I might as well put this in my Monthly To-Do list:

Retune Freeview channels on all receivers, just in case.

--
Davey.
Old August 23rd 16, 07:11 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Most of the Global Radio channels have now come back as the shuffle seemed
to stop them from working. Yes several weird things one sounds like blaze or
something, no idea what that is, channel for arsonists?

I do wish they would leave stuff alone. The only stereo radio channels now
seem to be the main bbc ones and Classic FM, everything else is in
unglorious mono.
This includes about five bbc local stations.
Which reminds me, why do all the bbc local stations tuurn into a national
network from 7pm to 10 pm, the very time when I'd have thought regional
things might be listened to due to crap on the tv.

Old August 23rd 16, 04:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 08:11:13 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Most of the Global Radio channels have now come back as the shuffle seemed
to stop them from working. Yes several weird things one sounds like blaze or
something, no idea what that is, channel for arsonists?

I do wish they would leave stuff alone. The only stereo radio channels now
seem to be the main bbc ones and Classic FM, everything else is in
unglorious mono.
This includes about five bbc local stations.
Which reminds me, why do all the bbc local stations tuurn into a national
network from 7pm to 10 pm, the very time when I'd have thought regional
things might be listened to due to crap on the tv.
Brian

I think it's the other way round. Audiences fall during the evening
because people are watching TV.
Old August 23rd 16, 05:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
James Heaton

wrote:

Most of the Global Radio channels have now come back as the shuffle seemed
to stop them from working. Yes several weird things one sounds like blaze
or
something, no idea what that is, channel for arsonists?

I do wish they would leave stuff alone. The only stereo radio channels now
seem to be the main bbc ones and Classic FM, everything else is in
unglorious mono.
This includes about five bbc local stations.
Which reminds me, why do all the bbc local stations tuurn into a national
network from 7pm to 10 pm, the very time when I'd have thought regional
things might be listened to due to crap on the tv.
Brian

I think it's the other way round. Audiences fall during the evening
because people are watching TV.

This was imposed centrally a couple of years ago. Prior to that, the 7-10
slot was regional.

Stations are only allowed to opt out for sport or civil emergency coverage.

The show isn't too bad but would be better suited to a later slot in my
opinion.

James

Old August 23rd 16, 06:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

wrote:

I just noticed in the current Radio Times that Dave Ja Vue is now

79 instead
of last week's 84. So I did a rescan - some new channels popped up,

but
nothing of note. Most numbers are unaffected.

It's to make room for Blaze and Blaze+1 (whatever they are), starting
September 20th.

--
Max Demian
Old August 24th 16, 09:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:59:52 +0100, "Dave W" wrote:

I just noticed in the current Radio Times that Dave Ja Vue is now

79 instead
of last week's 84. So I did a rescan - some new channels popped up,

but
nothing of note. Most numbers are unaffected.

It's to make room for Blaze and Blaze+1 (whatever they are), starting
September 20th.

"TheBlaze is a multiplatform news and entertainment network available on
television, radio and the Internet founded by conservative talk radio
personality and entrepreneur Glenn Beck"

If that is the same thing :-)

tim

Old August 24th 16, 10:28 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 10:26:59 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:59:52 +0100, "Dave W" wrote:

I just noticed in the current Radio Times that Dave Ja Vue is now

79 instead
of last week's 84. So I did a rescan - some new channels popped up,

but
nothing of note. Most numbers are unaffected.

It's to make room for Blaze and Blaze+1 (whatever they are), starting
September 20th.

"TheBlaze is a multiplatform news and entertainment network available on
television, radio and the Internet founded by conservative talk radio
personality and entrepreneur Glenn Beck"

If that is the same thing :-)

tim

No, it's not at all the same thing!

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/58615...n-uk-freeview/

A+E starts Blaze on UK Freeview
August 18, 2016

A+E Networks’ latest channel brand, Blaze, launches in the UK and
Ireland next month.

The network is planned as A+E’s first global free-to-air channel,
but will debut in the UK and Ireland on September 20. It will be
carried on the Freeview platform, with Sky Media handling ad sales.

It will simultaneously launch as a TV Everywhere service on iOS and
Android mobiles and tablets.

The network will offer series such as Pawn Stars, Mountain Men and
American Restoration, plus crime series The First 48 and Unusual
Suspects.

“Our new entertainment brand is a great addition to A+E Networks’
portfolio and reflects our strength as a global media company,” said
A+E managing director, EMEA Dean Possenniskie.

A+E’s general manager for the UK, Heather Jones, added: “Blaze’s
name and identity were created to celebrate the spirit of the
extraordinary characters featured on the channel.”

Initially the network will be 19 million UK homes on Freeview, and
to 12.4 million Sky subscribers in the UK and Ireland.

For A+E, Blaze is a second free-to-air channel launch this year,
coming after the debut of Lifetime in Turkey in April.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old August 24th 16, 12:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin Barclay[_2_]

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 11:28:59 +0100, Peter Duncanson wrote:

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 10:26:59 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Pawn Stars/Storage Wars/Unusual Suspects etc...etc, already on some
Freeview channels. In other words, it's the same crap that's already on
other channels.

Our new entertainment brand is a great addition to A+E
Networks portfolio and reflects our strength as a global media
company, said A+E managing director, EMEA Dean Possenniskie.

A+Es general manager for the UK, Heather Jones, added:
Blazes name and identity were created to celebrate the spirit
of the extraordinary characters featured on the channel.

Initially the network will be 19 million UK homes on Freeview, and
to 12.4 million Sky subscribers in the UK and Ireland.

For A+E, Blaze is a second free-to-air channel launch this year,
coming after the debut of Lifetime in Turkey in April.

I don't think I'll bother.

Old August 26th 16, 09:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roland Perry

In message , at 11:28:59 on
Wed, 24 Aug 2016, Peter Duncanson remarked:

The network is planned as A+E’s first global free-to-air channel,
but will debut in the UK and Ireland on September 20. It will be
carried on the Freeview platform, with Sky Media handling ad sales.

What's it going to show - videos of people sat in a hospital queue for
4hrs?
--
Roland Perry