Freeview channels shuffled again

Old August 26th 16, 10:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan White[_3_]

Default Freeview channels shuffled again

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 10:42:10 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

What's it going to show - videos of people sat in a hospital queue for
4hrs?

Oh, much longer than that.

--
Alan White
Mozilla Firefox and Forte Agent.
Old September 7th 16, 08:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew Rowland[_2_]

On Monday, 22 August 2016 19:45:09 UTC+1, Davey wrote:
On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:59:52 +0100
"Dave W" wrote:

I suppose I might as well put this in my Monthly To-Do list:

Retune Freeview channels on all receivers, just in case.

--
Davey.

Or follow http://www.a516digital.com/p/freeview-updates.html
Old September 8th 16, 02:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
MartinR

On Monday, 22 August 2016 15:59:55 UTC+1, Dave W wrote:
I just noticed in the current Radio Times that Dave Ja Vue is now 79 instead
of last week's 84. So I did a rescan - some new channels popped up, but
nothing of note. Most numbers are unaffected.
--
Dave W

This is a right pain and severe first world problem because I have a Humax HDR Fox T2 with custom firmware.

I make use of the channel renumber app and put the HD channels on 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 and BBC4 HD on 7 and BBC news HD on 8 to minimise the number of button presses.

I haven't found a way of saving this information so I have to laboriously write the renumbered channels onto paper and restore them manually after re-tune. What a bummer!

Incidentally, isn't it time for Freeview to do this anyway, The take up of HD must be pretty high by now so it would make sense to put HDTV on the single digit channels.

MR
Old September 9th 16, 12:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Thu, 8 Sep 2016 07:40:00 -0700 (PDT)
MartinR wrote:

I make use of the channel renumber app and put the HD channels on 1,
2, 3, 4, and 5 and BBC4 HD on 7 and BBC news HD on 8 to minimise the
number of button presses.

I haven't found a way of saving this information so I have to
laboriously write the renumbered channels onto paper and restore them
manually after re-tune. What a bummer!

I have never bothered with renumbering, but the CF Backup/Restore page
says that Favourites are included in this process, if that's what
you're referring to by the "renumber app". If not, I don't know what
you do mean.

--
Davey.