Vision buzz

Old July 26th 15, 10:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Vision buzz

I don't believe it, to coin a well known saying. My set top box has started
to give the old fashioned vision buzz common to older tvs which changes
with picture content. It never used to do this.
Its really irritating on screens of textual info apparently. I have
disconnected it from any tvs and just have the audio taken though a scart
adaptor.
I suspect its the old drying out capacitor issue again. Goodmans smart
talk, but its the only talking box with AD I have.

Sulk.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old July 27th 15, 07:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 26/07/2015 22:58, Brian Gaff wrote:
I don't believe it, to coin a well known saying. My set top box has started
to give the old fashioned vision buzz common to older tvs which changes
with picture content. It never used to do this.
Its really irritating on screens of textual info apparently. I have
disconnected it from any tvs and just have the audio taken though a scart
adaptor.
I suspect its the old drying out capacitor issue again.

If nothing else has changed in your set up, probably something like that.

I have experienced the effect with cheap Scart leads though, with
crosstalk between video and audio lines.

--
Mark
Old July 27th 15, 09:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

The set top volume is fully up already unfortunately.
Quite why 30 is considered maximum I am not sure though.

I do have another similar box so I'll need to find where i put it for
safety...
grin.
I have an old Net gem as well but its not as good from the talking menus
standpoint.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Martin" wrote in message
Try turning the sound down on the TV and up on the STB. It solved the
problem
on a crappy TV in a holiday house we rented.

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 22:58:23 +0100, "Brian Gaff"

wrote:

I don't believe it, to coin a well known saying. My set top box has
started
to give the old fashioned vision buzz common to older tvs which changes
with picture content. It never used to do this.
Its really irritating on screens of textual info apparently. I have
disconnected it from any tvs and just have the audio taken though a scart
adaptor.
I suspect its the old drying out capacitor issue again. Goodmans smart
talk, but its the only talking box with AD I have.

Sulk.

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old July 27th 15, 10:59 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_5_]

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 09:09:08 +0100, "Brian-Gaff"
wrote:

The set top volume is fully up already unfortunately.
Quite why 30 is considered maximum I am not sure though.

I do have another similar box so I'll need to find where i put it for
safety...
grin.
I have an old Net gem as well but its not as good from the talking menus
standpoint.
Brian

30 is a LOT louder than 11 ;-)

--