Missing channels

Old July 21st 15, 09:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pinnerite[_2_]

Default Missing channels

We have a Samsung widescreen smart TV. It picks up all the channels.

We also have a smaller TV in our kitchen that does not pick up any of the
channels in the 130 series of numbers. I know that it doesn't have a T2
tuner but surely not all those channels are on multiplexes requiring a T2
tuner?

--
Mageia 4 for x86_64, Kernel:3.19.8-desktop-3.mga5

Old July 21st 15, 12:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Well I get all the childrens and news stuff on an old Smart talk box, so
it sounds a bit odd to me. How old is this second set?

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old July 21st 15, 12:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roger Mills[_2_]

On 21/07/2015 09:04, Pinnerite wrote:
We have a Samsung widescreen smart TV. It picks up all the channels.

We also have a smaller TV in our kitchen that does not pick up any of the
channels in the 130 series of numbers. I know that it doesn't have a T2
tuner but surely not all those channels are on multiplexes requiring a T2
tuner?

Is it using the same aerial, or pointing at a local transmitter only
providing Freeview-Lite?

If you *are* getting the signal from the same place as the main TV, we'd
need a bit more information about what channels you can and can't get in
order to see whether you're missing whole mux loads of channels. Sounds
unlikely because 130 (BBC News) is on the same mux as BBC1.

Are you sure that the channels are actually missing, and not just
elsewhere? I've got a set that still gets BBC News on 80 because I
haven't bothered to re-tune it.

In order to make the channel line-up the same on both sets, you may need
to do a factory reset and complete re-tune on the smaller set.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old July 21st 15, 05:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Dig into the menu system and find factory reset or system default or
something like and activate it. This will wipe everything settings and
memory-wise and leave you with an out-of-the-box TV.

Now retune and it should find the channels correctly. If the TV has
the means for you to tune manually, that is the better way to do it.

Google 'tv frequencies {station name}' for your serving TV transmitter
and find which channel numbers carry which muxes. Use this information
to tune but only for BBCA/PSB1, D3+4/PSB2, and if it is a main station
COM4, COM6, and COM5. Note it is always better to do COM6 before COM5
to make sure the recent channel changes for 5USA (amongst others) are
picked up correctly.

If that does not fix it then you have a signal problem. If any of your
TV cable is the old brown type and lies anywhere near a CAT5 carrying
your home network it can cocking tuning monumentally.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com