PING Bill Wright

Old June 1st 15, 11:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stephen[_6_]

Default PING Bill Wright

Hi Bill,

I'm wanting to integrate my CCTV system into the home UHF distribution
system via a couple of Televes Avant 5 units and a Triax 5x16 multiswitch.

I have 9 cameras and a DVR provided video of a 3x3 video mosaic so I am
in need of ten UHF modulators.

I already have Freesat/sky, FM, DAB and DTT on the distribution system
and was planning to have 10 analogue TV channels on all the TV sets so
all the CCTV cameras can be viewed live from any TV set in the house.

I quite fancy using the Vision v40-104 RF modulators that you speak
highly of.

Googling around for suppliers and prices reveals that I can get these
for £43 each. That means 10 of these is going to cost me £430.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=vision+v...lator&tbm=shop

Do you by any chance have any left you might be interested in doing a
deal on or can you suggest where I can get the price down from £430?

Regards

Stephen.
Old June 2nd 15, 05:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Stephen wrote:

Googling around for suppliers and prices reveals that I can get these
for £43 each. That means 10 of these is going to cost me £430.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=vision+v...lator&tbm=shop

Do you by any chance have any left you might be interested in doing a
deal on or can you suggest where I can get the price down from £430?

I don't have any and I don't have a catalogue handy, but I don't think
you need to pay that much. I suggest you email a few suppliers (Sat
Solutions and Alltrade are the obvious ones) as follows: Dear Sirs,
Could you give me a price for 11 V40-104 modulators? Regards, [your
'trade name']

Get 11 so you have a spare.

If they want you to start a trade account just do it.

Old June 2nd 15, 10:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Terry Casey[_2_]

In article , says...

Stephen wrote:

Googling around for suppliers and prices reveals that I can get these
for 43 each. That means 10 of these is going to cost me 430.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=vision+v...lator&tbm=shop

Do you by any chance have any left you might be interested in doing a
deal on or can you suggest where I can get the price down from 430?

I don't have any and I don't have a catalogue handy, but I don't think
you need to pay that much. I suggest you email a few suppliers (Sat
Solutions and Alltrade are the obvious ones) as follows: Dear Sirs,
Could you give me a price for 11 V40-104 modulators? Regards, [your
'trade name']

Get 11 so you have a spare.

If they want you to start a trade account just do it.

Bill

It might even be worth contacting Vision direct. Do let us know how you get
on because I know someone who might be needing three more of these ...

--

Terry
Old June 3rd 15, 10:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stephen[_6_]

On 02/06/2015 05:48, Bill Wright wrote:
Stephen wrote:

Googling around for suppliers and prices reveals that I can get these
for £43 each. That means 10 of these is going to cost me £430.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=vision+v...lator&tbm=shop

Do you by any chance have any left you might be interested in doing a
deal on or can you suggest where I can get the price down from £430?

I don't have any and I don't have a catalogue handy, but I don't think
you need to pay that much. I suggest you email a few suppliers (Sat
Solutions and Alltrade are the obvious ones) as follows: Dear Sirs,
Could you give me a price for 11 V40-104 modulators? Regards, [your
'trade name']

Thank you for your advice, it is much appreciated.

Get 11 so you have a spare.

Duly noted.

Incidentally I have found a Vision v40-106 which requires 12v dc and its
output RF channel is selected by DIP switches along with the PAL sound
carrier and colour mode.

However, no one seems to sell the V40-106.....

If they want you to start a trade account just do it.

I have already tried to do this with Satellite Solutions but they ask
for a VAT number or a Business reference. SInce I can provide neither,
They will not open a trade account using my "trade name" even where I
told them I do not want credit, that I will pay in cash or debit card
every time.

CPC, RS, Electrocomponents and TLC direct have no issue opening trade
accounts with the "trade name" I give them.

So How do I deal with companies wanting VAT numbers or business references?

Old June 3rd 15, 10:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stephen[_6_]

On 02/06/2015 10:50, Terry Casey wrote:
In article , says...

Stephen wrote:

[...]

Whats the web site address for vision direct as it comes up as
Spectacles instead or did you mean vision2000?
Old June 4th 15, 12:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Stephen wrote:

I have already tried to do this with Satellite Solutions but they ask
for a VAT number or a Business reference. SInce I can provide neither,
They will not open a trade account using my "trade name" even where I
told them I do not want credit, that I will pay in cash or debit card
every time.

CPC, RS, Electrocomponents and TLC direct have no issue opening trade
accounts with the "trade name" I give them.

So How do I deal with companies wanting VAT numbers or business references?

If that's what they're doing, I don't know. Most aerial installers don't
have a VAT number though.

Old June 4th 15, 12:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

http://www.vision-products.co.uk/