Missing Arise News

Old May 17th 15, 11:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pinnerite[_2_]

Default Missing Arise News

I can get Arise News on channel 136 from Crystal Palace on my smart TV but
it doesn't show up on my computer. I have a two-channel DVB-T tuner driving
Kaffeine.

Scanning the spectrum with w_scan -X -c GB channels.conf and searched
the resultant cahannel.conf. Arise doesn't show.

According to the Multiplex listings, Arise News is on channel 136 on
Multiplex COM7 - ARQC - Arqiva C so why doesn't it show up in the scan
results?

Anyone know?

--
Mageia 4 for x86_64, Kernel:3.14.41-desktop-1.mga4

Old May 18th 15, 12:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Tobin

In article ,
Pinnerite wrote:

I can get Arise News on channel 136 from Crystal Palace on my smart TV but
it doesn't show up on my computer. I have a two-channel DVB-T tuner driving
Kaffeine.

[...]
According to the Multiplex listings, Arise News is on channel 136 on
Multiplex COM7

COM7 is a DVB-T2 multiplex.

-- Richard
Old May 18th 15, 02:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pinnerite[_2_]

Brian-Gaff wrote:

Never heard of that one, is it HD?
Brian

It certainly doesn't look like it. Anyway it is grouped with non-HD
channels.

Alan

--
Mageia 4 for x86_64, Kernel:3.14.41-desktop-1.mga4

Old May 18th 15, 02:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Monday, 18 May 2015 12:04:46 UTC+1, Brian-Gaff wrote:
Never heard of that one, is it HD?

IIRC it is on satellite (not Freesat) and is a god bothering news service.

snip
Old May 19th 15, 09:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Oh well you said the magic word. God.
I steer clear of all such stations.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old May 19th 15, 09:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Sorry this thread seems to have several mutually exclusive issues. It
mentions Crystal Palace but is clearly referring to a freesat channel and
one with lots of God subtext on it. If its a channel reporting when the
second coming happens, it nees no bandwidth, as it just needs a static
caption saying , sorry not today I'm afraid.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old May 19th 15, 10:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

It doesn't have to be HD to be on a T2 mux. You can have SD and HD mixed up on T2. If any more channels are turned over to mobile phones, I suspect the plan would be to squash all the SD and HD channels into the remaining space, using T2. And hard luck to anyone with an SD only TV.
Ian.
Old May 19th 15, 10:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pinnerite[_2_]

Richard Tobin wrote:

In article ,
Pinnerite wrote:

I can get Arise News on channel 136 from Crystal Palace on my smart TV but
it doesn't show up on my computer. I have a two-channel DVB-T tuner
driving Kaffeine.

[...]
According to the Multiplex listings, Arise News is on channel 136 on
Multiplex COM7

COM7 is a DVB-T2 multiplex.

-- Richard

You are quite right. There are a few non-HD channels on that multiplex
presumably to confuse people like me. I flit between the news channels when
one dwells on some issue for too long or adverts come on. Arise is not bad
when taken together with Al-Jezeera, Sky News, RT BBC and ITV.

--
Mageia 4 for x86_64, Kernel:3.14.41-desktop-1.mga4

Old May 19th 15, 11:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 19/05/2015 10:19, Pinnerite wrote:

COM7 is a DVB-T2 multiplex.

-- Richard

You are quite right. There are a few non-HD channels on that multiplex
presumably to confuse people like me.

DVB-T2 should NEVER have been put into the public conscience as being
exclusively an 'HD' format, because it's not.

--
Mark