Technics TV - Auto-Tuning

Old May 1st 15, 11:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alaric

Default Technics TV - Auto-Tuning

I visited a friend recently who told me that even when he had retuned his
set it reverted to the earlier settings. I then watched the set being
retuned automatically. It showed 5 USA on Channel 21 and the new Spike on
Channel 31 as should be the case. However, when he switched the set off then
restarted it Channel 21 showed VIVA and Channel 31 showed 5 USA.

Has anyone any idea what is going wrong here and what steps can be taken to
rectify the problem?

Alaric

Old May 2nd 15, 06:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_9_]

On 01/05/2015 23:53, Alaric wrote:
I visited a friend recently who told me that even when he had retuned
his set it reverted to the earlier settings. I then watched the set
being retuned automatically. It showed 5 USA on Channel 21 and the new
Spike on Channel 31 as should be the case. However, when he switched the
set off then restarted it Channel 21 showed VIVA and Channel 31 showed 5
USA.

Has anyone any idea what is going wrong here and what steps can be taken
to rectify the problem?

Alaric

Do you think restoring to as how supplied and doing a new install of
stations like a first time would get it right?
Regards
David
Old May 2nd 15, 10:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"David" wrote in message
On 01/05/2015 23:53, Alaric wrote:
I visited a friend recently who told me that even when he had
retuned
his set it reverted to the earlier settings. I then watched the set
being retuned automatically. It showed 5 USA on Channel 21 and the
new
Spike on Channel 31 as should be the case. However, when he
switched the
set off then restarted it Channel 21 showed VIVA and Channel 31
showed 5
USA.

Has anyone any idea what is going wrong here and what steps can be
taken
to rectify the problem?

Alaric

Do you think restoring to as how supplied and doing a new install of
stations like a first time would get it right?

I've come across this with a number of sets and there is an easy
solution.

First find the mux/channel allocations for the transmitter in use and
write them down.

Start theTV to do an auto scan and then immediately stop it - this
should blank the memory.

Then do a manual retune but make sure to do them in this mux order
PSB1/BBCA
PSB2/Digital1
PSB3/BBCB only if the set has a HD tuner, otherwise ignore
Com4/SDN
Com6
Com5
Com7 if set has HD tuner
Com8 if set has HD tuner and you are using a main station that is
transmitting Com8

NOTE that you must do Com6 before Com5 and you will then get the
right stations on the right numbers.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old May 3rd 15, 12:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian Gaff[_2_]

So this is in fact a software bug then, where its not looking at enough of
the id to get the change, so it ignores them on a reboot.

I'd still have though that a return to factory settings and a restart of
the tuning should work, although next time they moved something you would be
in the same predicament.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old May 17th 15, 09:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alaric

Thanks to all who responded.. My friend had now told me in an e-mail message
that the problem appears to have been solved. It seems that he finally
managed to reset to factory settings and that was that!

Alaric