OT BBC Bias

Old April 4th 15, 07:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default OT BBC Bias

Yesterday on PM there was an item about railway engineering works:
"There are a few things that can strike terror in the heart and leave
you sinking though your chair, and no I'm not talking about a UKIP/Tory
coalition, I'm talking about railway engineering works."

Not bad eh? Just thirty days or so before a General Election!

Old April 4th 15, 07:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
Yesterday on PM there was an item about railway engineering works:
"There are a few things that can strike terror in the heart and leave
you sinking though your chair, and no I'm not talking about a UKIP/Tory
coalition, I'm talking about railway engineering works."

Not bad eh? Just thirty days or so before a General Election!

when would "they" rather have the work done?

--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Old April 4th 15, 10:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Sat, 04 Apr 2015 20:52:18 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

Yesterday on PM there was an item about railway engineering works:
"There are a few things that can strike terror in the heart and leave
you sinking though your chair, and no I'm not talking about a UKIP/Tory
coalition, I'm talking about railway engineering works."

Not bad eh? Just thirty days or so before a General Election!

As a conservative supporter, thoughts of such a coalition really does
make my heart sink. Fortunately it seems extremely unlikely.

But yes, your point is well made. Why don't you complain to Ofcom?
Old April 5th 15, 04:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

wrote:

Yesterday on PM there was an item about railway engineering works:
"There are a few things that can strike terror in the heart and leave
you sinking though your chair, and no I'm not talking about a UKIP/Tory
coalition, I'm talking about railway engineering works."

Not bad eh? Just thirty days or so before a General Election!

As a conservative supporter, thoughts of such a coalition really does
make my heart sink. Fortunately it seems extremely unlikely.

But yes, your point is well made. Why don't you complain to Ofcom?

They don't have any powers in this respect. The BBC Trust should deal
with it but in fact they are toothless. I think if the next coalition is
right wing we might get an independent body to oversee the BBC, and the
Trust might be abolished. If the next coalition is left wing they will
obviously leave the BBC alone.

Old April 5th 15, 10:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Sun, 05 Apr 2015 05:02:05 +0100, Bill Wright

wrote:

Yesterday on PM there was an item about railway engineering works:
"There are a few things that can strike terror in the heart and leave
you sinking though your chair, and no I'm not talking about a UKIP/Tory
coalition, I'm talking about railway engineering works."

Not bad eh? Just thirty days or so before a General Election!

As a conservative supporter, thoughts of such a coalition really does
make my heart sink. Fortunately it seems extremely unlikely.

But yes, your point is well made. Why don't you complain to Ofcom?

They don't have any powers in this respect. The BBC Trust should deal
with it but in fact they are toothless. I think if the next coalition is
right wing we might get an independent body to oversee the BBC, and the
Trust might be abolished. If the next coalition is left wing they will
obviously leave the BBC alone.

I'm not sure how the Trust overlaps with Ofcom, but you certainly
*can* complain to Ofcom about BBC content. And Ofcom has just found
BBC News in breach of guidelines:
stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/enforcement/broadcast-bulletins/obb276

So try it!
Old April 5th 15, 03:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Martin wrote:

The BBC Trust is supposed to be an independent body. You want the body to have
your political version of independent.

The BBC trust has failed. There's no doubt about that. I would like to
see a truly independent body overseeing the BBC. Not with with right
wing or left wing bias.