Is twin core better for a 5m Headphone extension cable?

Old April 2nd 15, 04:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JNugent[_4_]

Default Is twin core better for a 5m Headphone extension cable?

On 25/03/2015 22:40, Graham. wrote:
On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 16:12:17 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Yes, but at such a low impedance, its surely not going to be audible. It
might be that they can make it more robust in the figure of 8 profile,
don't know. I have one here that claims to be non tangle, but it acts more
like a piece of spring steel and won't stay where you shove it.
Brian

Somewhere I have a pair of balanced armature headphones of several
thousand ohms each ear. Hardly hi-fi though.

Somewhere out in the garage, I still have a pair of WD surplus
high-impedance headphones I bought for 7s/6d in 1963.

Each works by means of a thin steel black-japanned flat diaphragm held
in place by the magnetic pull of the permanent magnets in the armature
below.

Very efficient and reliable, mono (of course), but easily rewired for
binaural... ;-)
Old April 3rd 15, 12:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johny B Good[_2_]

wrote:

Yes, but at such a low impedance, its surely not going to be audible. It
might be that they can make it more robust in the figure of 8 profile,
don't know. I have one here that claims to be non tangle, but it acts more
like a piece of spring steel and won't stay where you shove it.
Brian

Somewhere I have a pair of balanced armature headphones of several
thousand ohms each ear. Hardly hi-fi though.

Somewhere out in the garage, I still have a pair of WD surplus
high-impedance headphones I bought for 7s/6d in 1963.

Each works by means of a thin steel black-japanned flat diaphragm held
in place by the magnetic pull of the permanent magnets in the armature
below.

Very efficient and reliable, mono (of course), but easily rewired for
binaural... ;-)

Not as efficient as the later rocking armature types used in 700
series telephone handsets (T4s ???).
--
J B Good