Can never remember.

Old January 6th 15, 12:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian Gaff[_2_]

Default Can never remember.

The new channel for news since it moved.
Does anyone else find it completely unmemorisable as well.
Also why is there a red button as the only channel in the 600 range?

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old January 6th 15, 12:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jon[_2_]

On 06/01/2015 12:18 pm, Brian Gaff wrote:
The new channel for news since it moved.
Does anyone else find it completely unmemorisable as well.
Also why is there a red button as the only channel in the 600 range?
Brian

The whole channel arrangement on Freeview is a complete mess...
Old January 6th 15, 12:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_9_]

On 06/01/2015 12:18, Brian Gaff wrote:
The new channel for news since it moved.
Does anyone else find it completely unmemorisable as well.
Also why is there a red button as the only channel in the 600 range?
Brian

I assume you mean Freeview numbering system it is complete rubbish.
Freesat is better if your SD viewing but the HD versions are confusing
by not being grouped together.
Regards
David
Old January 6th 15, 12:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jon[_2_]

On 06/01/2015 12:38 pm, David wrote:
On 06/01/2015 12:18, Brian Gaff wrote:
The new channel for news since it moved.
Does anyone else find it completely unmemorisable as well.
Also why is there a red button as the only channel in the 600 range?
Brian

I assume you mean Freeview numbering system it is complete rubbish.
Freesat is better if your SD viewing but the HD versions are confusing
by not being grouped together.
Regards
David

All the '+1' channels should be grouped together, before all the main
channels.
Old January 6th 15, 12:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
MartinR

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 12:44:00 PM UTC, Jon wrote:
On 06/01/2015 12:38 pm, David wrote:
On 06/01/2015 12:18, Brian Gaff wrote:
The new channel for news since it moved.
Does anyone else find it completely unmemorisable as well.
Also why is there a red button as the only channel in the 600 range?
Brian

I assume you mean Freeview numbering system it is complete rubbish.
Freesat is better if your SD viewing but the HD versions are confusing
by not being grouped together.
Regards
David

All the '+1' channels should be grouped together, before all the main
channels.

CH5+24 should be before all of them.
Old January 6th 15, 12:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian Gaff[_2_]

And all shopping channels grouped together, but then of course there are
certain channels that do shopping at some times and programmes at other
times.

The problems get worse when you come to set up or retune, as because the
channels are oll on different transmitters, a fault in retuning leaves a
completely weird mix of channels missing from the list at which point you
need to find a list of what is where and figure out which of the ux's is
going awol.

I know it may be very efficient to have multple channels sharing the same
bandwidth, but its a pity they could not be logically laid out.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old January 6th 15, 02:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Hmm, well your remote must be faster than mine. I came across a remote the
other day where you sent nothing till you hit a little key underneath the
numbers, so you could take ages if you liked, but it does take some getting
used to.

Email:

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 6 Jan 2015 12:18:06 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

The new channel for news since it moved.
Does anyone else find it completely unmemorisable as well.
Also why is there a red button as the only channel in the 600 range?
Brian

I have no problem remembering it, 130, but I get as far as 13 and it
changes to channel 13 before I have located the zero on the handset,
so I have to start again.

--

Chris

Old January 6th 15, 02:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Tobin

In article , Jon wrote:

All the '+1' channels should be grouped together, before all the main
channels.

No, they shouldn't appear at all. The guide for the standard channels
should just go backwards an hour.

-- Richard