Queen plus Adam Lambert - BBC1

Old December 31st 14, 11:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dickie mint[_2_]

Default Queen plus Adam Lambert - BBC1

Is it me, or my sound box? Or them? The sound mix just doesn't sound right.
Sounds like it's only the audience mic picking up Adam's voice.

Richard
Old January 1st 15, 08:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

On 31/12/14 23:57, Dickie mint wrote:
Is it me, or my sound box? Or them? The sound mix just doesn't sound right.
Sounds like it's only the audience mic picking up Adam's voice.

Richard

The loudness of his voice did vary a bit, but I put it down to his way
of singing those songs. We've become so used to the way that Freddie
Mercury sang them that anything else sounds strange.

Still, what a pleasure to get hear some great music to see the New Year
in. May and Taylor were as dependable as ever, I'm pleased to say.

--

Jeff
Old January 1st 15, 11:28 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dickie mint[_2_]

On 01/01/2015 08:15, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 31/12/14 23:57, Dickie mint wrote:
Is it me, or my sound box? Or them? The sound mix just doesn't sound
right.
Sounds like it's only the audience mic picking up Adam's voice.

Richard

The loudness of his voice did vary a bit, but I put it down to his way
of singing those songs. We've become so used to the way that Freddie
Mercury sang them that anything else sounds strange.

Still, what a pleasure to get hear some great music to see the New Year
in. May and Taylor were as dependable as ever, I'm pleased to say.

Yes, it was good, sound problem ignored! We gave up after the fireworks
- usually lovie director zooming all over the place - and recorded the
second half.

Richard

Old January 2nd 15, 02:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 08:15:26 +0000
Jeff Layman wrote:

On 31/12/14 23:57, Dickie mint wrote:
Is it me, or my sound box? Or them? The sound mix just doesn't
sound right. Sounds like it's only the audience mic picking up
Adam's voice.

Richard

The loudness of his voice did vary a bit, but I put it down to his
way of singing those songs. We've become so used to the way that
Freddie Mercury sang them that anything else sounds strange.

Still, what a pleasure to get hear some great music to see the New
Year in. May and Taylor were as dependable as ever, I'm pleased to
say.

And they truly appeared to be enjoying themselves, which was great.
Nobody can replace Freddie Mercury, but if they are happy with Lambert,
so am I.

--
Davey.
Old January 2nd 15, 03:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

Jeff Layman wrote:

On 31/12/14 23:57, Dickie mint wrote:
Is it me, or my sound box? Or them? The sound mix just doesn't
sound right. Sounds like it's only the audience mic picking up
Adam's voice.

Richard

The loudness of his voice did vary a bit, but I put it down to his
way of singing those songs. We've become so used to the way that
Freddie Mercury sang them that anything else sounds strange.

Still, what a pleasure to get hear some great music to see the New
Year in. May and Taylor were as dependable as ever, I'm pleased to
say.

And they truly appeared to be enjoying themselves, which was great.
Nobody can replace Freddie Mercury, but if they are happy with Lambert,
so am I.

Ditto.

What I find interesting about Adam Lambert is that his style and
performance suit the Queen songs. The members of Queen can perform the
music just the same as if Freddie were still on stage with them, but
Adam Lambert is definitely not a Freddie Mercury impersonator.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)