TOT2: modern education, cultural differences, and Goethe

Old January 3rd 15, 02:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default TOT2: modern education, cultural differences, and Goethe

Max Demian wrote:

Real men don't eat quiche.

We use a 'traditional' butcher in a rather down-to-earth district of S
Yorkshire. Just a minute while I adjust my ear protectors. This chair is
getting really bad now. That's better. Anyway, my wife also asks me to
get her a quiche. I did once go in there and ask for a quiche. They
looked at me gone out and then the old crone, in an uncharacteristic
burst of helpfulness, said, "Does tha mean flan?"

I said, "Probably. . ."

"We've got bacon and egg, cheese and onion, or black puddin and spam."

Old January 3rd 15, 01:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
Max Demian wrote:

Real men don't eat quiche.

We use a 'traditional' butcher in a rather down-to-earth district of S
Yorkshire. Just a minute while I adjust my ear protectors. This chair is
getting really bad now. That's better. Anyway, my wife also asks me to get
her a quiche. I did once go in there and ask for a quiche. They looked at
me gone out and then the old crone, in an uncharacteristic burst of
helpfulness, said, "Does tha mean flan?"

I said, "Probably. . ."

Quiche, flan, tart, pie????

White spirit vs turps substitute??

--
Max Demian

Old January 6th 15, 07:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris J Dixon

Max Demian wrote:

Can you cope with Nietzsche (or even spell it)?

Clue: it rhymes with a common English word.

A bit like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2GCOFOAJ0g

In fact, until I saw it written down, I thought that he was
indeed the subject of this ditty. ;-)

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK